An old enemy

Dekota jolted awake, his optics peering around him. The nightmare, was a replay of his past. Dekota was much to terrified to fall asleep and he was hungry. So Dekota lifted his cranium away from the panthera tigris' soft, ravishing pelt and bounded deeper into the forest. The moon glimmered threw the treetops, making some leafs sparkle. Dekota's tawny pelt blended with the archaic oak trees. A mouth-watering scent blew past him, Dekota's hunger drew him to follow. Dekota chased the scent until he came to a clearing, a small ditch coiled its way towards the stream. Dekota cranked his head to see a deer fawn munching on some lush emerald leafs. Dekota dropped into a crouch and slowly crept forward. But suddenly out of bushes pounced a Canis lupus, which looked quite familiar, its cleaves hooked into the naive creature. The fawn kicked as panic consumed its body though it was no match for the Canis lupus. Its sharp hook-like fangs ripped into the fawns' nape, Dekota stood in horror as the poor puny creature had a huge battle-wound that oozed blood. It lay limb. The Canis lupus twisted its murderous cranium towards Dekota, Its optics flashed at the weak, minuscule felis catus. Its snarl stung like fire as Dekota bounded into the forest brush.