Chapter 2 Arthur

Wyatt had always considered himself to be a rational, sane person.

Which was why he wasn't surprised to hear nothing back at all after they submitted the application to the mystery trip.

The social media world, of course, didn't let them forget about it. The hashtags mystery tour and the trip of a lifetime were trending like crazy and speculations on who the guide was, where the tour would be and when the news of the participants would be announced didn't stop.

George, if you would believe it, couldn't stop telling people that Wyatt and he would be going on this trip to anyone who'd listen. Despite the constant embarrassing incidents that his best friend had landed him in, Wyatt had to admit this was going to be one of the worst (or best) yet. He had no idea how they'd live it down.

"Wyatt, you've got a letter," his roommate swooped in and shouted. "You need to go and sign for it out front."

Wyatt raised his eyebrows and picked it up. He never got letters. Not even from banks.

Confused, he got up and headed to the foyer of their hall. It was a modestly sized area connected to the stairs that led to the first-floor dorms. One of the security guards hovered by the door with a postman. He gestured for Wyatt to come over as soon as she spotted him.

"Please sign here." The postman directed him and handed a large manila envelop to Wyatt. There was a printed label with no return address. In fact, the postman didn't seem to be from the post office but rather a delivery company. The security headed back into his office nook, leaving Wyatt with the huge envelope.

"What have you got?" a few of Wyatt's corridor fresher that had just returned asked, spying the huge package in Wyatt's hand. The boy shrugged and ripped the envelop over. There was only one way to find out.

Several items slipped out and Wyatt quickly tipped the envelop so they won't fall to the ground. But he wasn't fast enough and a disk-like object fell to the ground.

Before anyone could react, a holographic projection sprung up from the fallen item, causing everyone to jump in surprise. The security had returned to the foyer and one of the fresher had whipped out his phone to video the strange occurrence.

A man appeared in the hologram, his dark blond hair fell in waves and he was dressed in some kind of strange costume. Wyatt quickly grabbed hold of the envelop tighter, afraid that something else would escape.

"Congratulation applicant, you are chosen to go on the trip of your lifetime..." the holographic figure started. Wyatt's brain freeze as the strange guy introduced himself as Arthur. He quickly peeked into the envelope to see the rest of the content to find an invitation, an information package, and a top.

"Wait, is this the mystery tour?" another fresher asked. Phone chimes started going off around the dorm and Wyatt wondered how long would it be until the entire school knew. He should have opened it in his room.

"Of course it is, you idiot!" another fresher shouted. Wyatt sighed internally and legged it back to his room. If the entire hall had to know, the least he could do was not be there when they talked about it.

Thankfully, his roommate had already left. Wyatt locked the door swiftly and poured the content of the envelope on his bed.

He picked up the invitation first. The paper was fancy, almost parchment-like with an elegant script and directions to a pre-trip meeting that'd be in two days. He'd have to go to London for it. A train ticket was already included.

What he thought was a t-shirt turned out to be some sort of weird tunic. It's made of a soft material and light cream in colour. He checked the direction card to see if it said anything about wearing it. He really would rather not.