Chapter 3 Let the journey begins

"We still don't know where we are going," Wyatt mused aloud, frustrated but also even more intrigued. Arthur had spent the rest of the meeting going through various logistic arrangements. They were all asked to get a list of vaccination, as well as an extremely detailed packing list that excludes any electronics.

"What about our phone?" Mr Carl had asked, his face panicky.

"We'll keep it at the departure point and hold it safe until your return," Arthur assured him. "We will do a luggage check so don't think that you can smuggle anything in."

They were set to leave in a week's time, much sooner than what Wyatt was comfortable with. He hadn't even told his parents about the plan, though it wasn't like they had cared about his summer holidays before. In fact, Wyatt was often the one who had to initiate contact with his parents. The two were busy enjoying their early retirement, jet-setting around the world.

"...mum is not happy that I won't be there to babysit, but she understand that this is pretty much my last hurray," George finished. Wyatt had evidently missed the first half of his monologue, not that he noticed.

"Oh yea, how's Tristan and Isabel?" Wyatt asked. George had a pair of twin siblings who are only eight. Wyatt adored the twins, who were much smarter than their brother but a lot to handle.

"Good, Isabel's got scholarship for a music program, and Tristan is hoping to make it to the Lacrosse team," George replied off-handedly before launching back to the tour. It was all he could talk about. "We really should go and get some new clothes for the trip."

Wyatt sighed. Another thing was that they were only allowed to bring simple, clothings made of natural material with no logo and zippers. In fact, Arthur went as far as including ideal outfit photos. Only a few of Wyatt's shirts and one track suit bottom had made the cut.

"Where do you think we are going?" Wyatt asked. George shrugged, seemingly couldn't care less about a trip that he was so excited to be on. They had been bombarded with questions from friends and strangers alike, and for once Wyatt was glad that he had signed the NDA. Besides, there really wasn't much to tell.

The media had somehow got ahold of a photo of every single one of them and put it in print. There were some backlash over the fact that George and Wyatt were friends and both got picked, as well as the Hatfield family all going on. But Arthur had made a public statement reminding the media and public that he had always stated that he would be choosing the lucky thirteen and this wasn't a random lottery.

To be fair, Wyatt couldn't figure out Arthur's criteria for choosing. While most of them were in their twenties, you also have the Hatfield family. The group was predominantly Caucasians, but he's Chinese and Riya was Indian, and he was pretty sure one of the other guy was Hispanic. Most of them were based in the UK, but the Hatfield family had flown in from New York.

Shaking his head, Wyatt decided that he best not drive himself crazy analysing Arthur's motive. It could all be completely random for all he knows.

Aside from getting ready for the trip, Wyatt also needed to clear his dorm for the summer, as well as throw a farewell corridor party. Being a Hall Senior really isn't all that fun, but at least he got to avoid renting. On the bright side, George was in such a good mood that he's letting Wyatt move everything temporarily to his room.

"It's not like I'd be there," he said as they unloaded the last box. The week had flown by and they were due to head to Heathrow airport in the evening. Arthur had collected their passport last week and that had made Wyatt uneasy.

"How much stuff do you have?" a voice sounded by the door and Wyatt turned to see Isabel peering at them. She had grown taller since the last time he came over, and her hair had continued to darken from the blonde she had as a kid.