chapter 3

"...and then I saw milk on the floor." I finished telling Katie the previous days incident.

"Are you sure you didn't drop milk?" she asked.

"You might have dropped it and then forgotten about it. It happens  to me all the time." Katie was a really messy person and was extremely forgetful if manages to remember her birthday it's a miracle.

"May I have your attention please." announced Mrs. Sarah entering. "This is Luke and he will be working with us from today. Be nice to him everyone. And David I want you to help Luke get settled."

David was another employee at the restaurant. He was around Katie's age and really nice.

I looked at the new employee. He had short blond hair and brown eyes. His face was expression less and he was well built. What is a guy like him doing here?

Our work started and I actually enjoyed. Clary was feeling a little sick so I decided work during her shift. I was going to go get another spoon when I saw Luke in a corner standing all alone. He seemed like he was talking to someone. I don't know why but I bent down and tried to eavesdrop.

"...yeah...it's the same place...they did...see you."

I quickly got up before he looked and pretended I just entered to get the spoon.

"Oh hi Luke." I said.

He just nodded and left.

It was a Saturday and Katie insisted on going with her to her boyfriend house. Katie was madly in love with a guy named Nate. Clary and David were coming with us. They had known Nate for quite some time now and we were all gonna go watch a movie. I was waiting with Katie for David to come and pick us up outside the building when I saw a huge mansion close to our building. It looked so beautiful. I wonder who lives there.

"They're here Ada let's go." said Katie.

Nate was tall and had dark hair. I honestly didn't like his attitude, even David disliked him. I was sitting next to Clary in the movie theatre like. She was really bored and didn't even wanna come. She actually managed to fall asleep. I didn't bother waking her up and waited till the movie got over.
When I went back home my bed was a mess. I may not be the most organised person on earth but I always kept my bed neat. I was sure now that someone had been here and I immediately rushed to Katie's house.

"I'll contact the police. Stay with me till everything is sorted."

I just sat there remembering my parents all of a sudden. If they were here this wouldn't have happened. At times I would still cry at night. Mrs. Sarah suggested counselling but I just couldn't do it. Katie was the only family I had now she was like a big sister always protecting me. Clary and David were really nice too. And David and brotherly vibe. Mrs. Sarah did so much for me. I said a silent thank you to all of them in my head and fell asleep.

"Ada! Wake up! Adalyn Arrington!"

"What?" I woke up with a start. Then I realised I wasn't in the room. I had sleepwalked all the way to the kitchen.

"I didn't know I sleepwalked." I muttered half asleep.

"Neither did I." said Katie. "Now let's get you back to bed. We're seeing a doctor tomorrow."