chapter 5

After a week or so the police said it was okay to go back to my apartment but I didn't feel like it. I was roaming around the park where Katie had first found me.

Katie was at Nate's house and Clary was supposed to come over but she had to attend to something really important and couldn't miss it.

I was wearing black jeans and a white top with my black hoodie. I never really bought colorful clothes, I was never a social butterfly in high school. I just had one friend named Jules who had moved to Barbados in high school.

I was walking lost in thoughts when someone suddenly grabbed my arm and tried taking something from my pocket. My reflexes were fast but I was so startled that I twisted my ankle and almost fell to the ground when someone caught me.

"Adalyn, right?"

I looked up and was surprised to see Sebastian.

"Sebastian!" I exclaimed. "What are you doing here?"

"Well I live near this park and when I saw someone I knew I decided to come say hello but some dude tried to pickpocket. Besides are you okay?"

"Uh...yeah" I said while trying to walk. I was trying not to cry in pain but Sebastian noticed and all of a sudden he was carrying me in his arms.

"Dude what are you doing?!" I yelled.

"I'm taking you to my house since you need medical attention."

"I can go on my own-"

"You can barely walk. Just come with me."

I was surprised when we stopped in front of that huge mansion. "You live here?" I asked.

"Yeah."

The inside of the mansion was even better that the outside. The interior designer had done a really good job. We went inside one of the rooms on the ground floor. "Sit down on that bed." he instructed. He went inside the washroom and got a first aid box. "Show me your ankle."

"You know you don't have to do this Sebastian." He gently rolls my jeans up and tends to my ankle.

"You should keep this crape bandage on for some time."

"Okay."

There was an awkward silence between us and then someone entered the room.

"May I ask who this girl is Seb?" asked the man.

"Oh hey Imran! This is Adalyn, a friend of mine."

"When I saw a you with a girl I figured it would be Brittany but I guess I'm wrong. Anyway I'll see you later."

"Who was he?" I asked. "And who's Brittany?"

"That was Imran. He's kind of like our butler but he's a part of the family now. My parents are always abroad because of business trips and he took care of us."

"Us?"

"Yup me and my younger sister, Isabelle. And Brittany is my ex. The day I met you was the day we broke up. I'm glad I did it or else I never would have met you." he said.

"So what is your full name?" I asked.

"Sebastian E Cavelli."

"What does E stand for?"

"Uh.....Elizabeth. My moms name."

"I see."

"What's your full name?"

"Adalyn Arrington"

"Arrington? Are you by any chance related to the Arrington's who died in the car crash in London?" he asked. How did he about that?

"Yeah, actually I'm their daughter."

"What?!"