Chapter 11- Bailey

I wake up to the smell of cinnamon rolls coming from outside my door. Groaning, I roll over and look at the clock. 9:10! Wow. All I can remember is falling asleep soon after Ashley came home.

I slowly move out of bed, hissing when my warm feet touched the cold floor. I find my soft fuzzy boots and slide then on my feet.

When did I even get into my bed? Oh, yea. Ryan carried me back to my room.

As soon as I open the door to my room, a big Husky is jumping on me, begging for attention.

"Rori!" Ryan scolds. "What are you doing? Let Bailey- oh. Morning Bailey."

"Morning," I smile, petting Rori's soft head. She give a short bark and runs back into the kitchen.

"How'd you sleep?" Ryan asks.

"Really well," I answer, yawning. "What time do we have to leave?"

"Leave to go where?" Ryan asks.

"To the station, or whatever. I thought the only reason I was home yesterday was because Izzy was sick."

"Ashley and I are off for two weeks," Ryan tells me. "Christmas vacation."

"You guys are lucky, My school doesn't get off till the 18th," I say.

"Well Izzy's already left for preschool," Ryan tells me. "She'll be gone all day."

"So she's feeling better?"

"Yes. She said she had fun with you yesterday," Ryan tells me. "Thank you."

"It's was my pleasure," I say. "She's so cute. I loved watching her."

When we enter the kitchen, Ashley is sitting at the island, typing something on her laptop. When she sees us enter she smiles.

"Morning, Bailey," Ashley greets. "I saved you some cinnamon rolls if you're hungry."

"I thought I smelt some cinnamon rolls," I smile as she hands me a plate. "Thanks."

"You're welcome," She says, taking the seat next to me. "Ryan and I are heading to the mall today so we can do some Christmas shopping today."

"Okay," I say, taking a bite of my cinnamon roll.

"Do you want to come with?" She asks.

"Are you sure? I don't want to be a bother," I tell her.

"Nonsense! We'd love to have you come with us!" Ashley exclaims. I look over to Ryan, to see if he feels the same way. Ryan gives me an encouraging nod.

"Alright then," I reluctantly agree. "When do you want to leave?"

"Whenever you're ready," Ashley tells me. I finish my breakfast, and put my dish in the sink.

I head back to my room and shut the door. Grabbing a pair of dark blue skinny jeans, and I maroon knit sweater. I quickly dress and put on my tan boots.

I walk out of my room, only to be greeted by an energetic husky. I bend down so that I'm on my knees running my hand through Rori's fur.

I stop petting Rori for a moment so I can put on my brown leather jacket and a grey scarf. Rori whines and pushes her wet nose onto my hand. I smile, and rub her soft head.

"Ready to go?" I hear Ryan ask from behind me.

"Yea," I say, standing up.

Ryan goes over to the door and grabs a light blue leash and hooks latches it onto Rori's collar.

"Are we taking her?" I scrunch my eyebrows together.

"Yep, she could use the excersise." Ryan says, patting Rori's stomach.

For the first time, I really get to study Ryan. His tall frame, already towers over me, although I'm 5'9. He has dark brown hair, unlike my light brown. Very dark green eyes. He's handsome, I'll give him that.

"Let's go, people!" Ashley calls, walking out the door. "We're wasting daylight!"

I smile, and start to head out the door. Ryan hands me the leash and I me as Rori down the stairs.

We get out to the car, and I halt. Seeing their black truck. I flashback to the crash, making me shiver. Rori whines and licks my hand.

"Bailey?" I hear Ryan's voice. "Are you okay?" He sounds concerned.

"Uh, yea," I lie. "I'm fine." I start to walk towards the truck again.

I open the back door and let Rori jump in. I take a deep breath, looking at the interior of the truck.

"It's understandable if you're frightened," Ashley tells me.

"No," I sigh. "I'm fine." I take one more deep breath before sitting down in the back.

I can do this. It's not a very long drive. I can do this.

I can do this.

♡Katelyn♡

A/N: Sorry it's been so long since I've written! Volleyball and school has started so im extremely busy. I'll try to update as soon as I can.

Thank you so much for reading!