Chapter Fifteen

A few days later, Niall finds himself sitting on the sofa with a medication box at the coffee table, next to another box of injections. He had his t-shirt raised over the slight bump of a belly and with pinched skin, he was about to inject his stomach with the medication Faye had offered him. He had seen Harry watching close by, by the bottom landing of the staircase and their was a look of betrayal flashed upon his face and once again, Niall was left alone to fend for himself in this particular situation. After he waited his shaking hands to become steady, he inserted the injection before wiping it clean and throwing the used injection in the empty box. After he was done, he looked up to find Harry staring at him. There was a look of pity on his face. A look of sheer guilt and anguish, a mixture of emotions but Niall understood. 

Niall offered a weak, approachable smile to him but Harry didn't bother to respond. Instead he turned on his heel and sauntered back up the stairs. It was the most they had acknowledged each other the past couple of days, since Faye's visit. Niall knew Harry wasn't too happy with the idea of the whole situation, never mind the mock trial. It was understandable why he was acting like this. But Niall couldn't think about that right now. He was thinking about this foetus growing inside him and that scared him more than anything. Louis comes and sits down next to him. Sits on the coffee table in fact starts to clear things away. Niall is slightly grateful that Louis is there for him when Harry isn't. He could really use a friend right now.

As if on cue, the door bell rings and Niall turns his head to the sound and at the same time, Louis is up on his feet to answer it. Seconds later, Liam strolls through the door and waves at Niall before sitting next to him on the sofa. Niall wasn't going to lie, he was a little surprised to see him here but at the same time a little relieved. Liam's eyes fall on the medication boxes that lay aside, the ones that Louis was about to clear up and Liam frowns.

"What's this?" Liam asks curiously and Niall couldn't help but wince.

Niall started to explain, he started to explain what Faye told them at the visit and he could see Liam's facial expressions changing to sheer confusion and utter bewilderment and he was genuinely, genuinely concerned about his best friend. 

"Please don't freak out." Niall practically begs. 

But Liam's respond totally surprised him. Instead of acting out and insulting him and offending him, he pulled him in for a tight hug and didn't let go for a very, very long time. It was the kind of reassurance he needed, the kind of reassurance he longed for. But at the corner of his eye, Niall could see Louis standing in the hallway and when their eyes meet, Louis gives him a quick 'thumbs up' motion before darting back upstairs and Niall rolls his eyes.

That's when his eyes caught Harry standing at the top landing of the stairs, gazing down at them both with such a stern look on his face that it caused Niall's insides to turn, for him to tense around Liam's grip and at the sudden change of reaction, he felt Liam pull away with a confused look on his face.

"What's wrong?" He wonders, gazing curiously at his friend.

"I need to speak with, uh...Harry." He clears his throat awkwardly and gestures toward where Harry was standing and when Liam follows his gaze, a knowing look falls on his face. Niall excuses himself and follows Harry up the stairs while Liam stays sitting, waiting patiently.

"Harry." Niall greets softly.

"I thought I'd let you know that I've called a couple of guys at Harvard University." Harry states calmly. 

Niall is taken aback.

"What?" He asks, stunned. 

"There's a CEO that wants to talk to you about your condition." Harry explains.