- midnight confessions-

Requested
(suchbookworm)

Modern Gilbert Blythe Imagine—(Name) walked downstairs to her mom who was making breakfast

(Name) walked downstairs to her mom who was making breakfast.

"Hey momma, Gilbert invited me to sleepover." (Name) said.

The mom dropped an egg, and turned shocked.

"And what makes you think that I would let my daughter sleep over at a boys house?" She said.

"Mom you're thinking like the olden times." (Name) said stealing a piece of toast.

"Oh like these modern times aren't any different, i'm pretty sure teen pregnancy rate is high these days." Her mom said.

"Oof... can't argue with you there." (Name) said sitting down.

(Name's) aunt came downstairs reading, laughing.

"This girl surely is a unique character." She said sitting down.

"Listen here sister, you're niece here wants to stay over at a boys house?" Mom said flipping the pancakes over.

"Let me guess, the boss said "in this day and age" am I right or am I right?" Auntie said laughing.

"Well you're not wrong..." (Name) said bitterly.

"Haha... honestly. Who's the boy though?" Auntie asked.

"Gilbert... Gilbert Blythe." (Name) said.

"Oh that boy down the street? Sweet boy you should go!" Auntie said.

"She should not!" Mom retorted.

"Stop thinking like the olden times." Auntie said.

"I swear i'm taking care of two children." Mom said.

"Hey now. I'm 36, i'm an adult and I can make grown decisions. I ordered you to allow (name) to go.. and if anything happens we can pick her up, he's like 4 houses down..." Auntie said.

"Absolutely not! (Name) is not allowed at any boys house till she's older." Mom said.

"Okay boss, (Name) is 17." Auntie said.

"So, take that 1 add that 7... that's practically 6 years!" Mom said.

(Name) sat there, laughing. Her aunt always stood up for her whenever it was necessary, although she didn't HAVE to stay at Gilbert's, it was nice of her aunt to fight for her.