Chapter 2: "World Peace"... [Kim Namjoon's POV]

I can just mentally replay Yoongi's voice in my head. "It's better if you're not driving, for the sake of world peace." Classic line of his, but guess who's driving~? Okay, not really for a reason I want to though. Seokjin doesn't live close to my dorm, and traffic is a bitch. I look at the mint green paper with the address. I should be pulling up near Seokjin's house pretty soon. I spot a luxurious house with the same numbers as the one on the paper. S-Seokjin lives here?!

I pull up near the driveway and whip out my phone. I don't like to act self-centered, but it never hurts to take a selfie. I snap one picture and notice how different I look with my hair pulled back in my cap. Black cap, white shirt, black jacket, and black shorts: a color scheme Yoongi would criticize, but that's not my problem. I text Yoongi the selfie just to play around with him.

[iMessage]

NJ: Guess who's driving~? :D [Selfie]
YG: please don't tell me you took that in fucking traffic
YG: what did we talk about just earlier? world peace bro-
YG: waaait
YG: NSMJOON ARE YOU IN JIN'S FYCKING DRJVEWAY???
NJ: You can't win a spelling bee with that message. ^
YG: stfu wHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING THERE??
NJ: Professor asked me to drop off some assignments of Seokjin's. What? Have you been there before??
YG: don't. go. inside.
NJ: C'mooon, I drove all the way here. :/
YG: i don't care.. leave right now.
NJ: Yoongi, I'll be quick!!
YG: boi
YG: LISTEN TO ME [unread]
YG: THIS IS FOR YOUR LIFE [unread]
YG: DONT PULL ANY BULLSHIT ON ME ABD JIST LISTEN TO ME DAMMIT [unread]

I knock on the polished, steel door. Holy shit, this whole place looks like paradise compared to our dorm. French-designed windows and marble walls? I'm not a sucker for house design, but this place could qualify as a fucking mansion. I mean, I've seen Seokjin once whip out an iPhone X behind his textbook in class. Didn't know he was this rich... Shit, my phone keeps vibrating. Agh, Yoongi needs to chill... I don't understand why he's doesn't want me here- "Good afternoon sir," a young woman, presumably a maid, greets me at the door.

"Good afternoon, I have to deliver something for Kim Seokjin," I explain holding the Manila folder. The maid's eyes widen at the sight of the folder. "The young sir is anticipating documents," she says shyly, "y-you may come in." The whole house felt cold, like 10 air conditioners were blasting. I looked around to see Seokjin chilling on the couch, with a towel childishly wrapped around his damp hair. Damn, he's rich enough to have a maid. He turned around to see me and fell to the floor. Yeah, this is the rich kid here...

"L-Learn how to warn a man, okay?" he asks informally. He blinks his eyes regularly and starts blushing, "A-Are you here to deliver something? For Kim Enterprises?" HE'S PART OF A FUCKING COMPANY?! "U-Uh... Seokjin, it's me Namjoon," I say as I'm taking off my cap, "I realized Yoongi was right. That old haircut of mine was stupid, so it's natural I look different now." A tall man enters the living room going down the nearby flight of maroon stairs. He squints at me and glances at Seokjin. "So you finally hired a new guard?" he asks, seeming a bit impressed. Seokjin, a person I've admired for his confidence, becomes a stuttering mess as he attempts to sit back on the couch.

"Guard? I'm a mere person delivering something for him hehe," I joke to the man. He looks kinda similar to Seokjin. His father-? "Sweetie, humility is NOT a virtue when working under us," he corrects. He approaches me, patting my back and bringing me to the couch Seokjin is frozen on. I sit down, somewhat stiffly. God, how do I explain myself when he's just assuming things right away? "I see you're holding our new documents. I guess our new case is gonna be a handful. Too bad Minnie can't handle this one," he comments with pity. "M-Minnie?" Seokjin almost inaudibly asks as he removes the towel from his hair.

Minnie? As in Minnie Mouse? Seen her a couple of times online... "D-Dad, Yoongi doesn't like nicknames that feminine," Seokjin advises. Y-Yoongi? MIN YOONGI?! His father scoffs at his son and points at me, whispering something to his ear. Then, he abruptly leaves the room leaving the two of us alone. Seokjin pulls my forearm, drawing me closer to him. His dark brown eyes are full of sorrow and a slight tint of shame. "L-Let's talk about this in my bedroom, okay?" he suggests. BEDROOM?! I haven't entered anyone else's bedroom in years, not even Yoongi's.

We both enter the room. The place looks pastel pink paint exploded onto the bedroom walls. Seokjin closes the door gracefully, peaking to make sure his father isn't nearby. "You must've been desperate for money to get involved in this business," he says light-heartedly. I can feel my heart sink to my stomach. "S-Seokjin, I-I'm here to deliver your assignments from school. I'm not here to work for your business. I'm sorry," I apologize, attempting to not ramble any more. I hand him the Manila folder and see his cheeks gush out a shade of red as he flips through all the papers. He places his assignments onto his desk and argues, "Yoongi said he'd get a replacement after getting injured from his last case-"

Case? Getting injured? Yoongi's been hiding this from me the entire time?! I shamefully correct him, "Seokjin, Yoongi never told me he was working under you. I... never knew about this." Seokjin slightly gasped and covered his mouth. He's being kinda dramatic, but o-okay. He erratically yells, "YOU GUYS ARE SUCH CLOSE FRIENDS, AND HE SAID HE'D GET A NEW REPLACEMENT UNTIL HE'S FULLY RECOVERED-" His father bursts through the door. "Hey! You're my heir to the damn mafia business, but you still don't know how to maintain yOUR VOLUME?" he scolds. He leaves the room, and I see Seokjin sit down onto his bed. He scratches through his damp, jet-black hair and looks intimidated when meeting my eyes.

I ask him: "...mafia?"