chapter 4: injury and misery [min yoongi's pov]

f-fuck... he's not responding to me. held captive by his father? accidentally butt-dialed/answered my call and is watching a show?? what could it fucking be? what is my luck that i needed so much money that i have kim seokjin (of all people) as my boss? too many questions are running through my head.

jin finally answers, "H-Hey Yoongi." "BOI, NOW YOU JUST DECIDED TO TALK TO ME???" i practically screech at him.. "Where are you right now?" he asks vaguely.... did he not just hear me ramble on and on about Namjoon? i answer back, "Geez, you've gotta be fucking kidding me. Pulling up close to your driveway. Where is that idiot Namjoon?" i hear mumbling and some thuds.. h-his living room never sounds this quiet. "I don't hear the car engine. Are you being held captive? For information?" he asks with a concerned tone. g-geez, is he a police officer?? i be yellin' into the phone, "YOU CAN'T HEAR THE CAR ANYMORE BECAUSE I PARKED ALREADY-" jin sighs and interrupts me even more, "IF YOU ACTUALLY UPDATED ME ON YOUR HOSPITAL SCHEDULE, I WOULDN'T BE SO DAMN WORRIED." chuckles and a bit of chatter between seokjin and someone else fill my phone...

"L-Look, just come into my bedroom. Namjoon's safe there," he reassures me. i sigh in relief,,, wow. thank heaven. he's hella clumsy. who knows what he could've done in front of seokjin's dad... "I k-know I'm on recovery period, b-but you know... are you also safe there? It isn't easy to always be in that house 24/7 with your dad-" "Someone's being a sweetheart~" a deep, slightly raspy voice comments aloud. N a m j o o n .

"Jin, I'm going to your bedroom and will give Namjoon the lesson he deserves. Bye," i say ending the call right away. i pound against the door. 6 minutes pass, and finally..... jin's dad appears with a slight smile written on his mouth. "My my, Minnie~ fancy seeing you here," he teases, "I thought you were still recovering at the hospital!" i push my way through him and threaten, "What did I say about that nickname?" he combs through his hair with his hands and asks back, "Well well, what did I say about that attitude? And the times you managed to get Hoseok to hack my personal Facebook account just to shove those Internet memes there?" i shake my head and dash over to jin's bedroom. i don't hAVE THE TIME FOR THIS!!!!

his father calls me over and pinches the skin of my arm when i continue ignoring him.. oops. can't help it. "What are you really doing here?" he asks. shit don't blow your cover. don't fUCKING BLOW YOUR COVER. "Your replacement already brought over the new documents. What brings you here then?" he asks while poking at my hand cast. damn,,, hate how the mafia can really fucking injure you for your own inconvenience.. i can barely use my right hand and got bruised from Kim's last case.

"Our clients claimed they might have sent some of their spam mail within some of those documents. Just gonna help the newbie and check in on Ji- Mr. Kim," i say with total confidence when staring into his eyes. good,, that alibi should be good. i swear if my cover gets blown- "Wow, you're actually putting more effort in this job. Might raise your pay if you fix your attitude a bit more~" he offers... a bit, my ass.

i give him the classic "yes sir" because he's a sucker for that and head over to jin's bedroom. i burst through the door to see a fucking mess: jin has a pocket knife fucking pointed at center of namjoon's neck, and namjoon has jin's EMERGENCY GLOCK?? POINTED AT HIS OWN HEAD??? WHAT IS THAT IDIOT DOING?! his thumb is sliding against the safety pin, disabling it,,, shit. i-i really am late. fucking traffic-