chapter 6: d i n n e r [min yoongi's POV]

frozen, like a movie has taken a pause making all control over my own body vanish..... that's me right now. jin's father doesn't let go of any frustration he's clenched onto.. he asks, "Well? Are you guys going to explain why I heard so much yelling in my own bedroom...?" yoongi, get your shit together and think already!! say something.. anything! i can barely choke out any words from my throat. my heart is pumping harder and faster than the times i ran from rivals shooting my ass away... god how the fUCK DO WE GET OUT OF THIS SITUATION???? "D-Dad, we were arguing against h-how Namjoon s-should handle our next case," jin says. r-right, let's go with that alibi then..

namjoon looks like he's trying to register all of this into his brain. his eyes are widened, his position is stiffened, and he looks like his breath is still stuck in his throat or something.. jin's father looks over to jin's desk and sees the new case i just printed. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DON'T!! TELL ME!! HE NOTICED!! ME!! SNEAKING INTO THE STUDY!! WE ARE ALREADY IN A LOT OF SHIIIT RIGHT NOW. NOPE NOPE NOPE.

he walks over to the table and checks out the papers i printed.. shiiit, i-i forgot to even read what it was about. i was distracted when trying to remember my Game Center password that i didn't even bother to properly read the email while i was at the hospital- he gives a sharp glare to namjoon.. shit. "Well, I'm assuming your name is Namjoon?" he asks. namjoon nervously nods, too cautious to make any disallowed noise. "Okay, so! How 're you handlin' the case then?" he asks, eyeing every move of namjoon's...... god, if you exist, please give us meeercy.

"Right, we only got to reach through a couple of pages because of our arguing... but! We do know a new tech company is forming and gaining a lot of international fame. T-Their headquarters is oddly here in Korea, so we need to make sure that none of their workers infiltrate your base. I'm assuming I'll be guarding Seokjin here to make sure he doesn't get held h-hostage for information," namjoon explains nervously. he's a bundle of nerves, but damn... he must've memorized some information from the email i showed to him and jin. jin's father raises an eyebrow and asks, "Held hostage, huh?"

jin mumbles to himself, "Well you're holding me hostage here all the damn time." FUCKING. SHIT. the face of jin's father grows into a strong shade of crimson red, as one of the veins on his neck starts to bulge.. he stomps his way to jin, shoving past me and almost knocking me into the FUCKING FLOOR!!!! he's about to a grab a fistful of jin's shirt, but namjoon blocks his hand with his arm. he moves his arm away and instead FUCKING?? GRAB'S?? THE FATHER'S?? WRIST?? he lets his other arm snake around jin and have his hand take a firm grasp on jin's waist..... gEEZ WHAT ARE THESE FUCKERS DOING?? THEY'RE BEGGING FOR DEATH AT THIS POINT.

namjoon locks his eyes with jin's and nods at him. he veers his eyes to meet the father's eyes and angrily yells (almost barks) at him, "It's my damn job to protect your son. So don't you ever jeopardize his safety." jin's father has his eyebrows lowering down in frustration, but he only scoffs and pulls his wrist away from namjoon's hold.. "Jin, you chose another guard with attitude... at least he can stay loyal to you," he comments while giving a bitchy look at namjoon, "You three! We're discussing this over dinner." he makes his way out of the bedroom while scratching his head.... we all just stand up and nod at each other while following him..

D-DINNER THOUGH? FUCKING DINNER??? the sun hasn't fucking set yet, and we're having dinner... you're kidding me. why do parents always want this shit so EARLY??? i have so much more money now, but i have so much college shit to make up sooo dinner is a delusional option for me, nowadays.. we head downstairs and silently walk over to the dining room. the maid prepares us meat and rice at the table, and the look on her face says she's somehow able to understand that we're in a lot of shit. the three of us awkwardly sit down at the dining table, and i even see jin flinch from the sound of one of the chairs scratching against the floor.. "So... Jin, have you properly trained Namjoon?" jin's father asks.. geez, i just want to have an appetite for the meat here without my anxiety ruining it.

jin looks off to the side of the plate, never making any eye contact with his father. he's so intimated by the guy that he never told me the old man's first name.. hmmm, i've worked under him for so damn long.... it's time i give him a nickname. hmmmmmm, i'll call him "Kimmy". jin says in a soft (almost hushed) voice, "W-Well, I was kinda mad at Namjoon for... criticizing the way I handled a gun. S-So I was yelling a lot and didn't get to properly train him. S-Sorry-" a knife is thrown onto the table, just an inch away from jin's hands that were clasping onto his plate.

"Remember what I said...? Eyes on me when speaking," kimmy reminds jin, "Pull that disrespect on me again, and I'll aim even closer."