eight - Changing Schedules

I felt someone behind me, the air turning and spinning around me. I turned slightly, my eyes flickering up. Victors eyes blazed as he looked down at me, the same intensity he always had turned up a notch. I smiled at him slightly, his eyes so bright it made my chest practically burn.

"Do you know him?" I glanced over to where I watched Wil retreat into the school, sorrow practically washing over me.

"He's been going here since we were both little, he's nice and insanely smart. He's just shy, and I don't think he has the greatest home life. He used to talk about his brave sister all the time, but it's been a while since I was able to actually hang out with him." I murmured, following Victor back to the table where North stood holding the wrap I had dropped.

He looked like he was going to burst, thrusting it at me while growling. "Eat on the way to class."

"Yes mother." I muttered, earning another growl as Jaxon chuckled with Luke and Gabriel. I winced at that sight, those three might be the death of me if they teamed up.

I followed behind Eros with Victor next to me and Silas to our AP Biology class where I knew the man that made me weak in my knees was waiting. My palms practically felt clammy as we walked in, my eyes looking up to meet mismatched eyes as a man walked by.

He held my stare until he couldn't anymore, my chest pounding as I forced myself to try and take in the banter going on between Eros and Silas. He had been tall, not nearly as tall as Silas but taller than Victor or Eros, with chocolate brown hair and the slightest tan. Scruff marred his jaw, helping him look even more rugged but those eyes, Christ those eyes.

"Are you okay?" Victors voice was like music as I turned to look at it, forcing a small smile onto my face as I nodded.

"Yeah, just tired and confused I guess." He nodded, placing a hand at the small of my back as he walked with me into the classroom.

I was slightly disappointed, smoky eyes wasn't sitting at the front desk. Instead it was empty, save for a new fish tank with just water sitting next to it against the wall. I hummed slightly, frowning as I sat down and favoured my left side.

I watched as the bell rang, the desk at the front still empty. I glanced over to Victor where he sat next to me, Silas placed behind me. His own eyebrows were furrowed, his fingers tapping quickly on his phone just as the lights flickered off. I felt his eyes on me then, almost like a bolt of lightening shooting through every vein. I heard his shoes as he walked towards the front, his eyes using the dim light from the windows to look over us.

I felt naked, like he was looking through my clothes and even my skin to see into my soul. "Hello, my name is Mr. Toma, welcome to AP Biology."

I watched as he walked to the fish tank, placing his hand within the water before swirling it around. My eyebrows raised as it grew in light, little blue green pinpricks of it. I looked back up, my breath catching at the intense gaze he had while looking right at me.

He pulled his arm out, wiping it against a cloth as he walked back over to turn the lights back on. "This is an AP course and you are AP students, so I will treat you as such. Homework and class work will not be taken late, neither will missed work. I know it seems harsh but that is what an AP course is, as well as the real world. So get used to it."

I winced, he seemed much meaner than the man I had met an hour ago at Mr. Blackbourne's class. He began handing back paper, a syllabus with a calandra attached to it. A large project was due at the end of every grading period, earning another wince from me. This would be hard to keep up with, Ollie and my parents considering.

I glanced up to where Eros sat in front of me, biting my lip. If I dropped, he could finish easily. I can make up something dumb, something he'd believe. I'll take care of Ollie and he'll be able to do all of the things he wanted to do. I peaked at my schedule on my desk, letting out a sigh.

I wonder if I can get a different counselor than Sean to look at my schedule. I had a free period next, I can go see a counselor before my dumb math class. I wrinkled my nose at that thought, I hated math. Like, really hated math.

"Ms. White, eyes up here," my eyes snapped forward to where Mr. Toma stood, my face heating as Eros snickered. I kicked forward, smiling as he grunted.

"Sorry." I muttered, writing down on my syllabus what I missed on the white board. He talked a little longer, about our big projects which included a group project of four. I rose my eyebrows at that, he just so knew this group and chose the exact number or my brother and the two in this class.

I narrowed my eyes, his own doing a double take at me before he began to avoid my gaze. The bell rang, my hands gathering all my stuff as I stood up. I smiled at the smell of Silas behind me, listening to him talk about football tryouts with Eros.

"Is North trying out too?" I glanced at Victor when he snorted, grinning at me and Eros.

"Not of his own free will." I chuckled, walking behind them to the door. My eyes matched Mr. Toma's as I walked out, my chest pounding just like it had before. I sighed, rubbing the plate on my chest as I stood I. The bustling hall.

"Where are you going Theá?" I smiled at Silas, his hand gently touching my back. I craned my head up, his eyes twinkling as he smiled back at me.

"I actually have a free period right now, but I need to go to the counselors really quickly." His eyebrows furrowed before someone shouted his name down the hall. I glanced up to see Rocky and Jay walking down the hall, my nose crinkling as I hid myself away from them.

I hated being Rocky's girl.

"There's Rocky's girl, Korba, you going to be at tryouts today?" His eyebrows furrowed again before he nodded, glancing to me as the warning bell rang.

"I gotta go, this has been fun." I muttered, smiling to Silas as I hurried down the hallway. I walked into the office, signing into the counselors. It was a tiny clipboard where you just wrote your name down and they read down the list.

I had barely written my name before the same man from before, the one with mismatched eyes, walked out and held his hand out to me. I stared at it, confused before he pointedly looked at the clipboard I held. I handed it to him, a smile gracing his sinfully beautiful face as he glanced up to me.

"Marc Weiland, Ms. Eris White?" I nodded to him, picking up my bag before following him down the hall to a cramped counselor office. I sat down, watching as he took a seat at a desk with piles of paper on top. He smiled, trying to move stuff around before giving up and just pushing everything to the side.

"So, what can I do for you Ms. Eris?" I pulled my schedule up and slid it over to him, his eyes glancing to it.

"I need all my AP courses changed to regular courses." His eyebrows flew up, glancing at the name of my schedule that helped me assign these classes to begin with.

"And why is that?" I shrugged, fidgeting with a lose thread on my pants.

"I can't handle the work load like I thought I could. I guess I just made a mistake."

"Well, I know these men that helped you create this schedule. They would never let someone create a heavy workload like this without knowing they could handle it." I opened my mouth to answer when the door opened, my eyes flickering to dark eyes. Those ones that reminded me of soil, stared at me in wonderment before looking back to Mr. Weiland.

"Raven, why're you here?" He practically commanded of him, confusion lacing through every bit of his voice.

"We have an issue with Bambi." An accent made goosebumps erupt across my skin, my eyes flickering back to where Mr. Weiland looked angry.

Angry definitely didn't look good on him.

"Uh, Ms. White if you'll excuse me, I have something to tend to. Do you want to talk to your original schedule makers?"

"No!" I practically shouted, cringing at the sound before I shook my head. "Uh, sorry. No, I'm okay, I'll just go. Enjoy the rest of my free period."

I got up and left, the smell of tobacco and gun powder swirling around me. I had to slip past Raven, his eyes watching me intently as I slid in between him and the door frame. Close enough, that I felt just how warm his body was.

If only the sun could make me feel this warm.