two

"luke, stop it!" hazel shouted over the loud "punk rock" music. the entire car ride, they'd been listening to some stupid band singing about wanting a girl to kiss them, over and over, and hazel was sick of it. they weren't any good.

"you know, haze, if you weren't my only friend, i'd have kicked you out of the car by now. 5 Seconds of Summer are a classic. have you seen calum's butt? he's a total babe," luke said, only half joking. nevertheless, he sighed and reached for the volume knob, turning it a whole 4 notches lower.

hazel rolled her eyes, and said smugly, "you really are a piece of work, luke hemmings. this is my car, you idiot. and anyways, you couldn't kick me out even if you tried. you love me too damn much." luke scoffed, acting hurt. "but you can't drive, hazel olson. and i don't love you at all, you loser, i just keep you around because you buy me food." hazel sent a hard slap his way, and turned to face the window. "when are we going to get there?" she asked, being impatient once again.

"we'll never be as young as we are now. savour the "now", okay? just be patient. we're going to be there soon," luke said to the girl sitting next to him.

-------

[ a/n: omg i'm so excited for this ok bye ]