three

"hazel, wake up. we're here."

hazel rubbed the sleep out of her green eyes, groaning and stretching out in the confined space of her own car. "and where exactly is "here" again, hemmings?" she questioned, the words tumbling out of her mouth all tangled up. "a motel. it's nearly ten o'clock," luke said, looking up at the sky. he really loved the stars. they were close to being in the middle of nowhere, so you could see the shining balls of light clear enough to almost count all of them individually. dropping his gaze to his hands, he hopped out of the car and went to go help hazel out.

hazel watched him jog around the front of the car, the headlights still shining. the light made his legs look like rather large toothpicks. she couldn't stop the giggle that rose up, so she let it happen. luke studied her through the window. shaking his head, he gripped the handle and pulled it open. he placed his hand on top of the car, and dropped to eye level with hazel. "you're ridiculous, you know that?" he laughed. "come on." hazel moaned tiredly. he tucked his arm under her legs, and placed his other on her shoulder, picking her up bridal style. almost as soon as he had picked her up, he had to put her back down, because he realised he had left the car on.

shoving the keys as deep into his pockets as he could, he swiftly ran over to hazel, and picked her up once again before she fell over. he looked down at the sleepy girl, admiring the way her emerald green eyes fluttered even when she was half asleep. her lips were so pink, and he'd always thought they were too kissable for her own good. luke set hazel down for a few seconds, so he could open the door, but he didn't stop thinking about her. he shouldn't be thinking of her like this, honestly. she didn't like him that way, and he shouldn't like her either. but he does, and he'd always liked her.

the motel attendant tapped his fingers impatiently, chewing and popping some cheap bubblegum. " 'ow can i 'elp ya? d'ya need two rooms, or just one t'night?" she rasped, pushing back her horribly dyed bangs. luke had to stop himself from cringing. was this really where he wanted to stay with hazel tonight? it was all he had the funds for, sadly. it would have to do. "i'll take one room, please. is there a room with two beds? we aren't dating or anything, it'd be nice if she wasn't forced to sleep with me, you know?" luke asked hurriedly. the lady scoffed. "who d'ya think we are, the Four Seasons? baby doll, listen. we got two separate rooms, or we got one room with one single bed. you choose," she informed him, as she popped another bubble. he sighed. "i'll have one room, please. do you have room service?" luke asked as he handed over the correct amount of dollar bills. 'brenda', as her faded name tag read, just snorted and handed luke his change and his key.

-------

[a/n: i'm so excited i have too many plans for this story. sorry if there's any typos, it's currently 2:08 am and i haven't slept well in almost a month woah ya ok love u leave feedback !!]