Grover Underwood

Thalia's pov

Just as we were getting away from Luke's old home, we crashed into another kid. He looked about my age, 12. But he kept fidgeting with his fingers and bleating nervously. "Hello. My name is Grover Underwood. Half-Blood hill." He introduced himself. I got up a bit shakily. My knee was really bothering me. May had excellent healing skills, but broken bones didn't heal to quickly. Luke helped Grover up and I picked up Annabeth. "Hey man, sorry, but we gotta run." Luke said patting Grover on the shoulder. Then we started walking away. "Hold on!" Grover said, a little over excitedly. He sniffed the air in a weird way. Then Annabeth screamed. Luke and I weren't sure what was going on before Annabeth and Grover both yelled 'Duck!' At the same time. We ducked, not sure why, just before a giant fireball was launched our way. Then we sprang into action and began trying to run. "Grover, if you want to help, get Annabeth." Luke said then he turned to me. "Thalia, hop on my back." He said. I would have refused. Really, I would have. But my leg was still giving me trouble so I hopped on and wrapped my arms around his neck. Then we started running, just behind Annabeth and Grover. Grover ran with a weird, skipping gallop. Luke ran a little faster as a second fireball was lodged at our heads. Then we ran around the block to a bus station and hopped on. We payed him extra to just start going. It was just us and an old woman in the back. "Step on it Craig." I told the bus driver. And he wheeled around the corner at such a high speed, we almost tipped. Strange enough, the old woman didn't shout or hang on to anything she just sat there transfixing her gaze on me. I looked around at Grover, Annabeth, and Luke. Annabeth was clutching Grover's sweater. Grover was sniffing the air again and Luke was looking back and forth between the old woman and me. "Thalia, I think that lady's staring at you." He said. I nodded, deciding to avert my vision from her. Then we heard a low sort of growl coming from the back of the bus where the old woman was sitting and Grover muttered something. Then repeated it louder. "We need to get off." Craig didn't hear and he kept driving. So Grover yelled this time. "WE NEED TO GET OFF!" He said just as the old woman's disguise melted away to reveal a hideous creature with horrible bat wings and demon claws, fangs, and eyes. But we didn't stick around to study her details. Craig stomped the stop pedal and we all hopped out and started running. Luke had my hand and was trying to drag me along faster. Grover had Annabeth on his back. "C'mon!" He yelled. Once we got away. (The creature got stuck in the bus.) Grover pulled us aside to check on us all. He gave me a weird golden chunk of something I thought was cheese, but it tasted like the first cookie Luke had ever given me. Definitely not the best taste, but the memory that went with it made it better. "Hades is angry." Grover said. Annabeth looked curious Luke looked pained and I was just confused. "Who's Hades?" Annabeth asked. "He's the Greek God of the underworld." He looked right at me and studied my face. "He's been mad since Maria and...you." He said looking right at me. "Woah, woah, why would Hades be mad at Thalia?" Luke asked looking worried. "She's the daughter of Zeus."