Chapter 3

The ringing of the phone was the only noise in the quiet apartment. Sniper threw the balaclava at the spy and turned to answer the phone. He lifted it to his ear. "Hello?" Sniper was expecting a French voice but was quite surprised when he received a Texan one. "Sniper, uh, is Spah there?" The spy now had his mask back on so Sniper handed the phone to him.
"Oui?"
"Spah, you need to get over here." The spy sighed
"What zhis time?"
"You need to see it to believe it Spah."
"Fine, I'll be there soon." The spy placed the phone back on the holder and groaned. Sniper raised an eyebrow. "Do not ask." The Frenchman growled. The Aussie held his hands up in defence as the Spy walked past him out the door, "Hurry up Michael." The Frenchie growled. Sniper knew the spy was pissed when he used his actual name, that or he was making a point. He followed his roommate out the door to one of the Spy's many expensive cars. He stepped into the passenger side, weirdly it was on the right while his campers driver side was usually on that side. The car started with a rumble but it's sound smoothed out as they drove. The silence hanging over the two made Sniper fidget uncomfortably. He risked a glance at his companion. He was hunched over, his posture showing his displeasure at the call and what happened before. After a while of awkward silence and cautious glances at each other they arrived at the Spy's expensive house. The Spy's jaw dropped, Sniper's following soon after as they stepped out of the car. "Mon Dieu..." he breathed. "What ze hell happened!?"