Through The Path

Puppycorn rolled off of his side and onto his back as he opened his eyes. Even if his vision hadn't fully come back yet, he could see it was still dark outside. "Did I seriously just wake up in the middle of the night?" He groaned, "There goes my damn sleep schedule. Just what I get for going to bed early." He sat up and looked out his window to see the waning gibbous moon hoovering in the sky, lighting their world the best it could. Even if it was just the sun's light, Puppycorn felt a little comfort just from knowing it was there to hide the darkness away. A few moments passed of him gazing out his window before looking at the clock. "3:38a.m." it read. The Prince sighed at the realization he couldn't just stay awake for the rest of the night.

He got off his bed and walked out of his room into the dim hallway. The only others actually in the castle were Richard and Unikitty, so he knew he wouldn't wake anyone up. His footsteps tapped on floor below him as he walked down the stairs, hoping walking around would help him go to sleep again. For minutes he continued his endless trail until walking past his family portrait. He looked at the painting as if inspecting every detail. The door behind it came to mind. What was there? Did it even go anywhere? Was it just a wall? Did it even open? Questions about the small pathway kept rolling into his mind. He knew it'd probably be better to ignore it, but the possibilities of what was behind it were too many. Puppycorn carefully lifted the painting off the table and placed it on the floor, leaning against the wall. He then walked down the hallway towards the kitchen to grab a knife of some kind. It didn't take long for him to find one in the multiple drawers of kitchen utensils. Quickly, he headed back down to the placement of the portrait.

Puppycorn put the tip of the knife at the edge of the door and pushed it through the wallpaper. One thing was clear now, it wasn't blocked up. He ran the knife through the seam of the door and wall to cut the rest if the thick paper protecting it, until the full frame was outlined by the long tear in the wall's protectful lair. Without him doing anything else to it, the door slid open enough for him to grab the side of it and open it all the way. His eyes widened as he saw the pathway that had been hiding behind their walls for who knows how long. The mix of blues and purples lit the passage as Puppycorn slowly entered. He wanted to know where the door came from, to get Richard or Unikitty to see it now, but something was pulling him in as if he needed to go. He felt that they shouldn't know anyway but, he wanted them to.

Only a minute passed until Puppycorn reached the end of the tunnel like path to find a barely cracked open door. He placed his paw up against its cold rough surface, and slowly pushed it open. As the room became more visible he realized it looked exactly like the hallway he came from. Out of curiosity he left the opening and landed on the floor below. That was when he realized both the table and family portrait where missing. There wasn't much time for him to think about it before a strong fragrance invaded his nose. If he wanted to figure out what was happening, following it was his best bet. He walked down the long corridors as the smells became stronger until arriving in the kitchen. He looked inside the room and almost gasped as he took a back. In the room stood a figured that looked similar to his sister. But there where things wrong with her. She had one solid fur color and two blue stripes on her tail instead of one.

"Hello Puppycorn," she suddenly spoke in a familiar yet, unrecognizable voice. He flinched and took a wide step back from that. She knew he was there? How? He didn't have a clue as to what was happening and she somehow knew his name.

Her figure turned around to see him and Puppycorn's eyes widened as he truly saw her face.

"You're just in time for dinner. I'm so happy you made it...I was starting to think you wouldn't show up."

[:[To be Continued]:]

{Only 764 words this time. If I continued it would have been two long and I wanna get this out for you}