Your Friends!

8:36pm. Already getting dark outside. Puppycorn hadn't had any chances to tell anyone about the dream he had. They we're all busier than normal. Unikitty and Hawkodile were out in the kingdom, Dr. Fox was both working in the lab and trying to plan a wedding, and Richard was just cleaning as always. He could maybe tell Richard about his dream, about the Other Unikitty, but something told him not to. That it would be bad. He didn't know what but, it wasn't him. Suddenly a few knocks came from his bedroom door. “Puppycorn? Ya in there?” His sister asked.

    “Yeah, come in.”

    The door handle turned before the door it was attached to opened, and Unikitty walked into the room. “Hey lil bro!” She practically shouted, “You doing good? I haven't been able to talk to you today.” The Prince shrugged, “Yeah, I'm good. I've just been bored all day.” The Queen sighed and went over to her brother's bed, sitting on it's end. “Listen Puppycorn, I know I haven't been able to hang out with you lately and I've been all workey, but once this festival is finished we'll all have some free time. We can hang out, lounge around, and play some video games. Doesn't that sound fun?” Puppycorn let out a small sigh to himself, once again she was taking to him like a little kid. He was older now, he didn't need to be baby talked. “Yeah, it does,” he said, just to give her a response.

    He really did want to hang out with his friends but they always acted as of he was twelve. Sure he wasn't as smart as Dr. Fox, or responsible as Richard, but he was sixteen now. It was all so annoying now, but it didn't bother him as much before. Why now?

    Unikitty nodded, “Good!” she stood up and started walking back to the door, “Goodnight little bro.”

    The door shut and silence took over once more. Puppycorn looked outside his window to see the moon one last time before going to sleep.

    “Goodnight Big Sis..”

    The bathroom's pink glow was obscured by a figure’s purple silhouette towering over him. His vision blurred by his own crying and tears. He was so small, she was so much bigger. She could move, he couldn't. She was holding him in her lap as she moved the needle closer to his eye. There was something on it, his eye. Cold, dark. But he couldn't tell what. All he saw was the blurred grey line moving closer as the figure whispered to him. It was so close to him when the door busted open with a shout. Finally he could hear the voice of someone he remembered.

“Darling?! What oh Earth are you doing.”

    The silhouette quickly looked up and stood. Dropping him into the floor. His horn, it hit something. Pain. Nothing but pain. His cries of fear and ace grew louder. He couldn't hear. He couldn't see. The only thing he knew was to use his magic.

So That's What Puppycorn Did.

He Used It.

All Of It.

    Puppycorn jolted as he opened his eyes, faster than he ever had waking up before. A nightmare. He never had nightmares. His mind raced to try and remember what happened in it, but all he recalled was the horrible pain. The beat of his heart calmed slightly, but he needed air. Badly. He looked over at his clock, 2:28am. Not as bad as last time. He grabbed his red scarf off his small desk and left his room, heading for the castle's large front doors. The cool breeze of the night flew into the large room as the door was pushed open. His fur fluttered in the light wind as he closed the door behind him.

    The dark sky was lit by a mirage of stars as the moon was out of sight. Puppycorn didn't question it, and started walking along the side of the large castle. Eventually he reached the back of it, and saw the once hidden moon. It was so close to being full, just a few more days. Then he can be with them again.

    He had calmed down enough now, going back in was a good idea. Turning away from the moon, he headed back for the front doors.

    The warmth of the castle was much more noticeable after standing in the cold. Even if it was only a few minutes. His eyes looked down the main hall. The painting came back to mind, the door, The Other Unikitty. Puppycorn walked down the dim hall until he reached the portrait of his family. His mother's purple, yellow and white fur mixed in a pattern similar to his, yet her ears were more like Unikitty’s. Even if they were dog ears. His father's fur was something strange, a mix I'd grey, pink, and blue. It looked like a combination of his and his sister's. He tried to remember something about them, anything at all. That was when he realized, he forgot their names. His own parents, he only remembered how they looked thanks to the picture.

    He sighed, disappointed in himself. Had it really been that long since he's heard their names? Should he ask someone their names? No, no that would be blatant rudeness. Puppycorn looked at the table the large painting sat on. He slowly moved his paws to each side of it's frame without looking back up at it, keeping his eyes on the table. The portrait moved off the wall as he pulled it away. A cool breeze flew out and across his fur as the space between the frame and wall became greater. He looked up at the painting as he moved it to the side, revealing a small door cut from underneath the wallpaper.

    It couldn't be real. It just couldn't. That was a dream, just a dream. Right? Chills went down his back as he remembered what happened last time. He promised her. He had to go back.

    He reached into the crevice of the doorway and pulled it open for the light of a shining pathway to illuminate his gaze. Its mix of blue, white, and purple radiated as his eyes adjusted to it, only to find the same path as before. He went inside the small corridor, and shut the door behind him.

    The small wooden door creaked as Puppycorn pushed it open. Immediately he heard the sound of The Other Unikitty humming an almost sorrowful melody, before segwaying to a happy tune. For a brief moment he felt like he was in his own world. During her short verse of sorrow, he felt safe and comforted. Then it all changed back to a rush of anxiety once more. Should he leave? Her voice chimed through the palace before he could decide.

    “Puppycooorn? Is that you?”

    He shot up off the floor where the door had lead him, “Uh. Yes! It's me Other Unikitty!”

    “I'm in the kitchen! Come here!”

    He slowly walked to her location only to be horrified at what he saw.

“Look Puppycorn! It's your friends! I made them just for you!”

...Those things…..they were not his friends….right?

(Sorry this took so long to get out,  I had it posted on Amino for a good while.  Tbh I just,  forgot to post it..... Sorry again)