A Girl's Hair - Chapter 2

Rapunzel smiled and turned to her chameleon.

"Pascal. Do you think there is anywhere left to paint?" She said, talking to her chameleon. The walls of the tower were covered with paintings. Pascal shook his head, as if telling her there is no more room.

"Rapunzel. I will be going to get some food." A female, with dark, curly hair said. For the purpose of this story, she is called Gothel.

"Yes Mother!" Rapunzel called to Gothel, as she continued to look for any room on the walls. Pascal sighed, knowing that Rapunzel would find room, even if it took ages.

"How does she get through the window..." North said, as he struggled to fit through the window, and he tumbles in, making Rapunzel grab her frying pan.

"Who are you!"

"Whoa... Calm down. I'm not here to hurt you" North put up his hands, showing his was no threat, and Rapunzel lowered her frying pan.

"You didn't answer my question."

"I'm North. Though you may know me as Santa."

"You expect me to believe your Santa; I don't care how much you look like him."

"I have a flying sleigh outside your window and you say I'm not Santa?" North asked and Rapunzel rushed to the window, and saw the sleigh and reindeer.

"You really are Santa!"

"Yes, but now is not the time for this. We need your help." North gave his most serious look.

"To make toys?"

"To protect children. I don't want to explain a lot of times, so if you would like to hop into the sleigh..."

"Do you want my... I'm not allowed to leave the tower." Rapunzel interrupted her first sentence.

"There are others like you, chosen by the moon." Rapunzel looked up like that, and took two seconds before jumping on the window sill. She looks down at the outside and stepped back in however.

"I'm not allowed to leave. Mother said that people would try to steal me, because of my hair."

"I don't want to steal you, I want to help you."

"No... I don't understand a thing, and a so-called Santa comes up to my tower and is trying to take me away." Rapunzel yelled, and hit North with her frying pan. North, although he was a strong man, fell down unconscious.

"For the love of candy canes." North whispered, falling to the floor. Rapunzel pointed her frying pan at him, and poked him gently.

"Ah... Sorry?" Rapunzel whispers and Pascal shrugged his shoulders, if chameleons have shoulders. North pushed himself up, still looking a bit dazed.

"What... Was that for?"

"You were trying to steal me."

"OK. Let me explain, I'll start off by telling you about Guardians." North started explaining the things Rapunzel needed to know, and Rapunzel watched intently. Although it took a while for Rapunzel to grasps some of the concepts, she seemed to believe him.

"So, Guardians protect children, and I have been chosen to be a Guardian?" Rapunzel beamed when North nodded at her.

"That is it; do you want to hop into the sleigh now?"

"I guess." Rapunzel said, walking over to the sleigh and stepping on, sitting down. North jumped in, and took off.

"Now we are going to find someone called Jack." North told her, and she screamed in excitement as they went through one of North's portals.