Surviving the First Night - Chapter 7

"Can I have my bow now Hiccup?" Merida asked, recovering the rush of the portal again. Hiccup handed over the bow, and blushed as his hand brushed over Merida's.

"Well done Hiccup." Jack said, looking around at their new location. It was a deep forest, and when I say deep, I mean the dark scary forest you find in horror movies.

"Hiccup! You were amazing! How didn't they see you?" Rapunzel asked, and Hiccup held up a hand.

"Thank you. And they were too busy arguing..." Hiccup replied to her, and sighed, sitting down.

"Any idea where we are?" Jack said as he finished looking around.

"Nope. I just sent us into a random spot... I'm sorry if any of you wanted to go home." Hiccup said, looking at Merida worryingly.

"So... I think we need to make a shelter." Merida said, trying to see the sun through the canopy.

"I'll go grab some food!" Rapunzel yelled excitedly, and Jack followed.

"How about we grab some wood. Come on Toothless." Hiccup said, and Merida grunted, though she pretended it was because she didn't want to get wood. It had just occurred to her that Hiccup could have been the Viking her mother wanted her to marry.

"Jack... What do you think of me?" Rapunzel asked, turning to face Jack. She had wanted to know since she first met him, but now that they have spent more time together he would know better, she hoped.

"I think you are a fun and energetic person." Jack said smiling at her, but she just frowned.

"Can... Can I trust you with a secret?" Rapunzel asked, looking serious. This was new to Jack, he had only seen her happy and outgoing side.

"Sure... What is it?"

"I... My... My hair is magic."

"What?" Jack gasped, looking at her hair. It was unnaturally long, but magic wouldn't have been involved, could it?

"When I sing a song... It glows and can heals wounds..." Rapunzel said glancing around.

"Can you show me?"

"I guess..." Rapunzel said nervously and sat down. She started to sing, and her music filled the forest.

"Flower gleam and glow, let your powers shine. Make the clock reverse, bring back what once was mine."

"It does glow..." Jack said gasping in the middle of Rapunzel's song.

"Heal what has been hurt, change the Fate's design. Save what has been lost, bring back what once was mine. What once was mine." As Rapunzel finished singing, her hair stopped glowing.

"It... Glows..."

"Please don't tell anyone."

"I won't... Now let's actually go get some food." Jack smiled at Rapunzel again, even though his mind was wondering what other powers her hair had, other secrets she has been hiding.

Merida and Hiccup had been wondering around the forest for ages, picking up sticks for a fire, and hunting food, although Hiccup usually asked Toothless to hunt the deer.

"Hiccup. Watch where you are walking." Merida hissed as Hiccup stepped on a stick, making a rabbit dart away.

"Shouldn't we get back...? What if they are worried about us?" Hiccup hissed back, taking more care not to step on anything.

"Fine. Lead the way." Merida said, and Hiccup realised she had thought they were lost.

"This way." Hiccup said, picking up sticks as they went.

"How do you know where to go?"

"I dropped sticks pointing our way back, that way we wouldn't get lost."

"Smart thinking." Merida said, making Hiccup sigh silently.

"Merida. What do you think of Jack?"

"I don't know. I have only talked to him once. And all he was talking about was how he thinks you like me." Merida admitted, and Hiccup blushed.

"Merida! Hiccup! We have berries! Tons of berries!" Rapunzel called out, running to them.

"I'll make a fire..." Hiccup said, placing the sticks on the ground, and making a small little fire place.

"Hey, dragon boy. You look like you have walked a million miles." Jack teased Hiccup, but Hiccup just shrugged.

"I guess."

"Leave Hic alone, Frosty." Rapunzel said, smiling at Jack. They were deciding nick-names for everyone on their berry hunt, and had came up with some annoying, and not so annoying ones.

"Toothless. Fire." Hiccup said as Toothless straightened up and blew fire on the stick pile. Everyone sat around the fire, just looking at each over.

"So... Anyone want to talk about themselves?" Rapunzel asked and everyone looked at each over.

"I can start." Merida said, tucking her bow next to her as she gets ready to speak.