My Kitten

I walked into class for the first day of school. I acted happy, though I wasn't. I didn't care. I pitied everyone here. They were nice people, but they didn't matter. Marinette came into class with treats, she started to hand them around to everyone. They were good. I always liked them. As you could tell, I get few emotions from certain items. Like cats, especially black bats, I hit a pot of gold with green eyes for some reason. That has never happened ever since that day...

Still, Marinette's Family's Baking being eaten gives me one emotion, satisfaction. I thank her for her gift of macaroons this year, helping her with her gifts this year, like every year. She's not close friends with me, but we're friends.

She likes that I defend her and help her out. She makes treats that give me emotion. It's a good trade. She doesn't know that. I've never told her. I've barely told anyone.

Once she's good, she sits down and I go over to where Nathaniel is sitting. He's my... 'best friend'. He's taught me to draw, which gave me the emotion of peace and harmony. So I stayed by him. He learned of my condition and turned into another mom. He tries to help, seeing I get something out of drawing, he helps me in that way.

I keep him close so he doesn't tell anyone. No one at all. He's fine with it if it helps me, because he's a friend. Something I still have a hard time handling.

He likes Marinette, I've tried to push him to asking her out. But he blushes and gets flustered and can't say it. I still don't understand. I see this all the time. Ivan, Nathaniel, Nino... it's strange. Is this the love that my father talks about?

Has Nathaniel and Ivan and Nino found them? Then... how does Nino and Nathaniel have the same person? It still doesn't make any sense at all...

Ah, Chloe and Sabrina. Nathaniel tells me to sit down, I turn to him in disbelief. Then I turn back to see the new girl stepping in and helping Marinette out.

"Did you know what would happen?" I asked him.

"No, I did not, but I know your situation and I don't want you getting into trouble," He tells me, worry written all over his face.

"I'll be fine Nathaniel."

"(Y/n), that's the problem, you think many things which are okay and fine, but they're not. I'm looking after you just like you look after the class and Marinette."

His face turns red at the name and thought of her. I smile a fake smile, like a good friend. "I'll make sure not to get into trouble, for your sake."

"Thank you (Y/n)."

Chloe took Marinette's old seat which made it easier to see her. I frowned, because she was my friend, and that's how a normal person would react.

"I feel this year is going to be different..."

"I doubt that." Nathaniel murmured under his breath and class continued.

Nathaniel's words rang with truth as the day went on. Normal class, normal lessons, normal 'get to know eachother better' even though we know each other already. Mainly we got to know the new girl, Marinette's new friend, Alya. And most likely my new 'friend' as well.

"Kiiim!" Ivan yelled, I turned to see Ivan about to punch Kim. Our new teacher stood up and sent him to detencion.

It didn't matter much really. It's what's expected when you're going to commit violence in school, let alone class with the teacher there.

Then something abnormal happened, making my words rang with truth, but not what I expected, nor anyone expected.

A man in rock smashed through the wall and yelled at "KIIIIIIIM!"