The Lady in Red

The next day, I had a skip in my step, I bright grin on my face, and greeted everyone around me in excitement. Getting similar reactions from them.

I stared at the eiffel tower in awe. Yes, this is the city of love, and I'm so lucky to live in this city.

Gratitude. That's the emotion I think.

I turned to see Mari's bakery.

I'd love to see what it's like to have her treats now with this new opened emotions!

I happily opened the door, "Hello Mr. and Mrs. Dupain-Cheng! How's your mornings going?"

They sure seemed happy to see me. "We're doing great! Marinette seems to be taking her time getting up though."

"Huh, well, I'll go up and check on her. I still need to eat though. Could I order something?"

"It's on the house (Y/n)!"

"Thank you so much!" you cheered and went through a reasonable amount of food for breakfast. Then you sat down at a nearby table and took a bite.

Heaven couldn't explain the pure bliss that washed over you. "This is SOOO good..." you mumbled through the food piece and took another bite. The bakers overheard your response and chuckled to themselves, seeing their batch a huge success again.

Once you finished your first item, you rushed upstairs to where you were sure that Marinette was at.

"I'm sorry..." you heard her mumble.

You knocked on her door. Leaning on her stairs, waiting a bit impatient for her. Since you still had a few sweets left downstairs.

Then the door opened up. You grinned at her, "Ready to go?"

"Gah! In a moment!"

You chuckled at your childhood friend's tactics to easily forget.

You wondered why she apologized to herself, is she... no, no. That's nothing like her. She's known her for as long as she's known! She wouldn't be depressed... would she?

I puffed out my chest. Chat would want a normal day hero wherever they went! I'll do whatever it takes to make sure Marinette doesn't fall into that state and show her she's loved. I nodded to myself in agreement, my food almost forgotten at this point as a worried Marinette rushed out with her bag.

"Hey... what do you think of Ladybug?"

Oh... the lady in red... but not THAT lady in red. "She seems pretty cool! And confident, and can take care of situations. I love how smart she is too."

Not really love, but I'm sure she's talking about her because she might see her as a hero.

"I don't know. She does seem pretty good, but not to that extend."

"Yeah, I prefer the Chat Noir myself. Together they make a pretty good team."

"Yeah..."

Something's definitely up.

"What's the matter?"

"Oh, it's nothing. I just feel... this person may not be able to cut it out."

Oh. She's scared.

"Come on, let's get you food," I told her.

"But I've already eaten."

"You can had some of the food your parents gave me."

"Thank you (Y/n)."

"No problem!"

"Hey... if you could be that superhero... would you?"