Chapter 18

Mrs. Cooper called a nurse in the room who checked the beeping monitor.
"The baby's in distress, we are gonna have to move fast, sir I'm gonna have to ask you to wait outside."
"What, but I need to be there for-"
"Sir, I got her she'll be alright just let me do my job"
I stepped outside unwillingly, and I saw Veronica and a sweaty Archie running down the corridor.
"Hey guys.."
"omg I cant believe I'm moments away from becoming an auntie and meeting my new little best friend, hows my bestie?"
"Actually, she's in a lot of pain, and they said she was the baby was distracted or something, I'm don't even remember, I'm just worried"
"Don't worry Jughead , I'm sure she'll be fine. My bestie would never give up without a fight anyways"

....
Veronica's POV

I felt bad for Jug. I could read his expression, he was so scared. I hope things will be fine. He can only take so much.
A nurse walked out of a room.
"Jughead Jones"
"That's me, is Betty ok?"
"she asked for me to get you, the baby's almost here"
Jughead ran to follow the nurse back into the room.
"Veronica?"
"What's up Archie"
"Do u hear those screams"
"Archikins, There's women all along this corridor giving birth, there's bound to be screaming"
"Yeah but, do you think one might be Betty"
"Don't worry about it Archie, Betty's fine"
Or at least I hoped so.

.....
A Motel in the Southside
(Gladys "POV")

"Yes, I know what I have to do, pretend like I'm here for the baby, run and get the jingle jangle and get back to Toledo. No, Jellybean won't be a problem, don't touch her or my son. Look can't I spend time with my family- I know you run on a schedule- fine, this is my last run with you I don't care"