Time to Go

The blonde haired girl, Alana, paced back and forth in her room, then stopped to look out the window, "If Father won't take me, I'll go on my own!", she said with confidence before backing down. "But I've never  been out on my own before...", the girl turned to see a small green chameleon hiding in a flower pot. She crawled on the floor and parted the flowers to make the reptile more visible, "What do YOU think I should do?", Alana asked the chameleon forcefully, scaring him to go incognito. "No, no, I'm sorry!", the girl sighed and walked back to the window, grabbing a small, purple, twine bracelet that hung on a hook right next to it. "I'm just nervous. What if my father gets mad at me? He has quite the anger issue, he could ground me for forever! Then again I'm eighteen, so I could say no, but I don't want to be disrespectful.", as the girl ranted, the chameleon rolled its eyes and realized how long the girl's hair was. As Alana leaned on the windowsill, the chameleon grabbed a chunk of hair, walked by the girl's feet, and set the hair in front of her feet. The chameleon then crawled up Alana's leg. "Agh!", the girl squeaked as she kicked her leg, losing her balance and tripping over her own hair. Alana screamed as she fell out the window with the chameleon clinging onto her dress. The girl quickly whipped her hair to wrap around the larger hook that was attach to the outside of the window. The rest of her hair wrapped around her body as she got tangled up, it barely saved her from hitting the ground. "Owch!", Alana swung into the tower's wall and hit her head.

"What...on Earth...was THAT for you little lizard!", Alana complained as she had to pull and tug at her hair to get herself out. The chameleon jumped off the girl's dress and stuck his tongue out at her. The girl dusted her dress off and ran her fingers through her hair to get rid of the knots closest to her head, "On the plus side you got me out of the tower, so I won't hold a grudge this time.", she said as she knelled to give the chameleon a hand. He climbed on and she set him on her shoulder. "Since you're coming on this journey with me, you're going to need a name.", Alana started to call out random names, "How about...Pascal?". The chameleon just walked in a circle on her shoulder, laid down, and fell asleep. "I didn't hear a no.", the girl laughed as she started to walk farther and farther from her home.

-Meanwhile with Jackson and company-

   The gang had been walking through large crowds and damaged roads, making the short walk feel like it took a two day journey. Merida was getting grumpy and tired, dragging her bag across the ground. Jackson was examining his surroundings, lost in his own world. Imagining how happy and complete their family will be when he returns home with their father, proving he can be a man. Hiccup swung his load over his shoulder then looked over the opposite shoulder to spot the pouting red-head, "Stop dragging the bag. There's food in there.", he said sternly to the girl then turned his head back around.

   "Well maybe if you dobbers had let us take the shortcut I pointed out, we'd be restin' in the bloody castle right about now!", Merida retorted, "Better yet, we could've flown closer with yer NIGHT FURY!".

   Hiccup rolled his eyes, "One, the queen gets nervous around dragons. Two, that shortcut was an illegal entrance to the castle". As Merida dropped the bag and rolled up her sleeves to throw a punch at Hiccup, Jackson put his arm in front of her to keep her at bay. "We're here anyway.", Hiccup mumbled as he gestured to the long staircase that led up to the large castle of Corona. Jackson motioned for Merida to grab her bag. Though with attitude and hesitation, Merida grabbed the back and stomped up the stairs with Jackson not far behind.

   At the top of the stairs stood two ladies. One was white with brown hair, light white streaks, and green eyes, wearing a light purple and white royal gown covered in a gold pattern. She was Queen Arianna of Corona. The other was slightly tanner and taller, but had long brown and gray hair braided to her knees. She wore leather armor with a fur hood. "Hiccup!", the taller woman, Valka, called out as she ran up to him and gave him a bear hug, "How's Berk?", she asked.