Chapter 7

Should I drink it or should I not? Well I wasn't the type of a person who panics and lives in fear. But my looks meant the world to me and I didn't want this to turn into a disaster.

They say your strongest opponent should be the person behind the mirror. I just didn't want this very person to look ugly.

Shezina and Rovasko were looking at me in total anticipation as I gulped down all of the bitter fluid. I wonder why tonics, medicines and now even magical fluids are so bad at taste. I could actually feel the liquid going down my pharynx and suprisingly everything seemed normal.

I looked at Shezina, "You sure this will work?"

"Believe in magic" she gleamed.

 Standing in front of the huge wall mirror, I felt vertiginous and highly uncomfortable. Everything in front of my eyes faded into a gray obscurity as if time itself had stopped by to take some rest.

Few seconds passed and reality had resumed itself. Shezina and Rovasko were still staring at me as I turned my eyes towards the mirror in great anxiety.

The short lustrous brown hair looked soft, tousled and had a sheen like fine hardwood. A shiny varnish catches merely light around it, but the depths of that deep chestnut brown hair reflected all the radiance of my piercing blue eyes. I had a fair skin with a hint of mellow bronze like that of a shining sun. My face reverberated with rugged masculinity, chiseled with thick black eyebrows joining slightly at the centre.

 "Its good to see fortune work for me." I was quite relieved and highly satisfied with this new appearance.

 "I'm surprised myself, No, actually!" Shezina replied.

 "Well, at-least the potion did not go wrong. It would be rather unusual having a sheep or a rat as my brother," Rovasko smirked.

Rovasko and Shezina continued talking further, but I wasn't really interested. My brain was hooked onto something else.

So what next? Live like this? Rediscover more about myself? or rather defeat Mokif ? I was confused. But if it was about defeating Mokif, I needed to devise a proper plan. I just cant go up to him and fight. Even in my rightful self, I could not defeat him. He sure has the upper hand in every aspect, and training myself to his level is a challenge itself.

 Rovasko saw me murmuring stuff to myself and interrupted,

"Its not going to be easy, Zammy. Mokif is a perfect metaphor to the words like Might and Strenght. He is an undefeated champion at the Gladiator Arena, Ranging guild and Mage Arena. And that is something that tel you a man has mastered Melee, Archery and Magic as well."

This task was undoubtedly more difficult than fighting the dragon. There are no cheats, no clues and no weaknesses on which i could pounce.

"But I have to do this, there is no way out. I have no other option," I said in an assuring tone

 Rovasko took a second and glanced at me,"Or maybe you do. No one will recognize you, Zamorak. You can head towards a new life, and I can help you in every possible way. We aren't short of wealth either, then why invite fear, danger and misery?"

He knew I would not agree to this. So he added, "Take all the time you want and think about it."

I looked at Rovasko and then at Shezina who was standing besides him. Shezina nodded, saying that she agreed with Rovasko's suggestion.

Rovasko stepped towards me and placed his arms on my shoulder, "I understand courage and revenge, brother. I have spent so much time in war and combat, but all you get is arrogant pride and regretful bloodshed. I truly support your cause of defeating Mokif. But how can I stand one brother kill the other? I cant let such a tragedy repeat itself."