Part I: Chapter 1: Bad decisions List

Zygolites are mythical creatures with special characteristics that were believed to have existed in the town of this fiction.
❣❣❣

Throughout my life, I've had my fair share of bad decisions.

Some of which included cutting my own bangs in middle school, accepting my cousin's offer to match with him as that kid's show; Banana in pajamas for halloween and worse of all, waking up and even thinking about going to school on that fateful day 6th February 2013 which happened to be the day I met that jerk ass of an ex boyfriend I have.

Aside these, I've never really regretted any other decision as I much as I regretted the one I took today.

Whatever evil spirit it was that manipulated me to go outside today must be really happy that I had landed myself into big trouble and the only thing that could possibly save me at this point was if my legs just cooperated a little more and ran faster than it is doing now.

I swear on most days I don't go snooping around corners like a thief and neither do I find myself eavesdroping on gangs having their private meetings in spooky alleys. Today just happened to be one of those "wrong places at a wrong time" situations you get to regret for the rest of your life and I was definitely regretting it already.

I was scared to look back but I knew they were still chasing me because I could hear their heavy feet getting closer.

My heart was racing like crazy and I was running out of breathe.

"How can you let a little girl out run you!!" I heard one of them yell.

What he didn't know was that in desperate times, even a blind man could see.

It's in times like this that I actually appreciate and understand why our gym teachers force us to do lapses - so we can escape after causing troubles for ourselves.

My head was spinning and the weather which seemed so nice earlier this morning now seemed to be alerting me that it was a bad idea to wear a pair of jeans and a hoodie out in the summer.

I manage to take a quick glance behind me and realise I was either really slowing down or they were catching up faster.

I just really shouldn't have gone out in the first place.

No, I should have just stayed indoors like everyone else and maybe continued that series on Netflix.

Or even better, I could have taken a nap. Just like I've been doing for the past week ever since the lock down.

Then, I surely wouldn't have found myself out of breathe in an half empty street running for my dear life.

How I got into this situation? Well....

AN HOUR EARLIER

On a normal day, you wouldn't expect to be walking down an empty street in Roseland with broken cars and half collapsed buildings on each side of the road, but that's the first thing I noticed when I stepped out this morning.

it was slightly cold, the strong wind sweeping leaves and cans from one side to the other.

I rode down the street queitly on the almost worn out bicycle I took from my Dad's garage.

"There's been 55 deaths so far, 15 injured and 24 missing people including two kids, I'm pretty sure I talk for the majority when I say we would all want to know what you are putting in place to solve this."