War and Frost meet Chapter 1

"Loki is dead."

The first thing that came from Thor's lips when Sif returned from the collector to leave the Aether to be protected from all including the mortals of Midgard and even themselves they had suffered dark times and peace needed to reign.

"Thor he fooled us before! He isn't dead! He will show up he always does! He is just fearful of being imprisoned again! He is the God of Lies! After all!" Sif would not believe that tale she would not believe it, simple as that.

Sif watched Thor's expression under normal circumstances he would have agreed he looked at her solemnly his face said it all she saw that same look when Frigga died and he thought he lost his Lady Jayne.

"Sif, he died in my arms this is no trick he is dead. He was wounded that was no trick; I wish not to get into this! He is dead and he will never comeback."

His voice was heavy this she could not believe.

"We shall honor his death he would have been a good King. I have spoken to my father we will mourn him as he deserved."

He put his arm on her and tried to comfort her, he recalled how upset she was the first time they thought Loki perished her anguish when he was punished for what he did on Midgard. She disappeared for days and returned battered and torn. She could not fall apart this time Asgard needed her.

Fandral and Volstagg saw Sif back away from Thor's embrace so she knew.

Not wishing to interrupt they decided to get ready they would leave with Thor tonight to go back to Midgard so he could find his Lady Jane, It had already been decided the War Goddess would not leave Asgard and Odin had requested Thor to keep Sif here to help lead the armies. The men all patted Sif as they walked away leaving her with Thor. Her eyes watered as she looked at Thor meeting his blue eyes.

"Why did you let him die? I begged Frigga to forgive him and now he is dead! You wanted him dead! You are like the rest! He was dark but he was your brother! Frostgiant or not!"

Her voice broke she lifted her eyes and wiped a tear she did not want to cry in front of the warriors. The war goddess never would shed tears in front of anyone.

"I didn't let him die! He saved me Sif! Loki died an honorable death all his deceit is forgiven! Please understand! You must grieve him but don't cloud yourself he still would have killed any to be King!"

Thor was hurt she would think he would let him die Loki chose his own path and he died because of it.

Sif was a strong woman she will get through this and his father would make sure of it. He tried to change the subject he didn't like thinking of her and his brother.

"The King needs you here as does your mother and half brother."

He smiled putting both his large hands on her shoulders. You are the Goddess of War and are in charge of the Armies of Asgard and in charge to protect the King, as I will be away for a time Fandral and Volstagg are coming with me. You are a shield maiden of Asgard! We are proud of you and know you will protect the kingdom like no other. "

"Silly words by a lovesick God! You just wish to be with Lady Jane!" Her voice was bitter and angry as she turned.

"Return back alive Thor and bring back many princes and princess with your lady! I must go I have to go check on the armies and see to the wounded this battle we have been victorious but we still lost many!"

She didn't want to think of Loki and his death at least he died with his brother his only comfort he always just wanted to belong. She was no better then the rest ignorant to his wants .He just wanted to be like the rest she ignored the taunts the younger boys did and the girls at court. A coward was she to believe it all of course he became what he was and no one will truly feel the sorrow for him as she would.