Being seperated

When they stepped off of the train and onto the platform, Rose was nearly whisked away in all of the commotion. There were people everywhere. Mothers holding hands with young children, older children chatting excitedly, and people bustling about caught her off guard. Her father gripped her arm tightly and pulled her over to a quieter corner.

"You're going to have a wonderful time, darling. Promise me you'll try to control your temper, okay? You get angry easily and that wont be fair to your host family. If you miss us, send a letter as often as you'd like.Take good care of yourself, Rose." He planted a firm kiss onto her forehead before picking up Michael.

Rose smiled to herself. Her father had not only mentioned to take care of herself, but he never said anything about watching over Michael. Unlike Mum, he always had a very special spot for her in his heart.

Rose felt someone attaching a large label to her coat button. She looked up in surprise as the woman turned to fasten one onto Michael.

"Identification cards." She said gruffly before moving on to the next child.

Rose was insulted- she wasn't a piece of luggage! Annoyed, she clutched her bag in one hand and gas mask in the other before turning to her mother.

"Do I have to wear this, Mum?" She complained.

Her mother only gave her a look before cradling Michael in her arms. "Oh, my sweetness, you enjoy your big adventure, okay? Have Rose write all about it when youve arrived so she can send it in the post! I love you."

She turned to Rose and reminded her to watch her brother and enjoy her trip, that she loved her, and that they would see each other again soon. Rose hugged and kissed her parents, held Helen close and showered her in love until their train escort came to collect them.

"Alright boys and girls!" Yelled the flustered woman. "Im Mrs. Kent! It's time to board a different train!"

Rose gulped in fear as she and Michael were herded onto the next train. She lifted Michael to the window as they waved goodbye to her family. She watched them transform into tiny figures before they disappeared. She stood at the window and looked back long after they had gone.