The Night Sky (Soulmate AU)

Ali has had this 'tattoo' since he was just a baby. His parents were confused, almost horrified even. As hard as they tried to remove it, it won't go away, to the point when they stopped trying. So, Ali has lived his life hiding a little crescent moon tattoo just on the underside of his wrist. Out of all the things he solves this wasn't one of them, and he hides it under his watch.

He lived with this secret until he saw tattoo's on almost every person he's met during their journey. He shrugged it off at first, thinking that social norms are probably different from where they're from. Until he saw a tattoo peaking out under Seli's crop-top when they were hanging out.

Ali pulled down his sleeve, "you have one too, or did you get that one?"

Seli looked surprised, "no, I had it since I was born" she claimed, thinking about the lovely assortment of Lillie's on her belly.

"Mine too," he showed her his moon tattoo, "do you know what it means?"

She shook her head, "no, unfortunately".

Months went by until their next adventure, but everything was in chaos, he had no time to research. Until they met the twins. He saw it, he saw the tattoos on each of their shoulders, one was on the right, one was on the left. Ngglangeran had butterflies, Ngglangeram had honeysuckles. They couldn't have used modern tattoo machines a thousand years ago, right? The art of tattoo has existed for a long time but in a more traditional way of making, his and all the other 'tattoos' he's seen looked like it was done by a machine.

The time that they were trapped there, Ali spent a lot of time hanging around with the twins and worked up the courage to ask them about it.

"Hey, I was just wondering, I'm not, asking any, any tech related stuff, but, I have to ask, what are those marks on your shoulders? I mean, I know what they look like, but, uh, what do they mean, exactly?" He said as he pointed at the twins.

The twins exchanged surprised glances at each other before turning back at him,