chapter 3

"Hey, when is the next full moon?" John blinked at the odd question Avalon asked him, " um , I think in a few days , why?" The merman just stared into space, occupied in his own thoughts , thoughts that John wished to be part of...

It was the second day to Avalon's blessed arrival if he could call it like that, and he was sure it was a dream , a very sweet one, because it was way too absurd for reality to be so prefect .

Perfect is a nice word to describe it, John felt perfect , Avalon was perfect , it was all perfect ...

The way Avalon smiled with his eyes closed while John brought sea water and poured the water on Avalon's mythical body , watching carefully as droplets slid down his body as if in slow motion .

The way Avalon laughed when John accidently fell into the water with Avalon and blushed furiously at their skin contact .

The way Avalon's eyes glistened when John brought him fresh fish to eat as he asked John .

John didn't care that Avalon wasn't a woman even though he looked slightly feminine ,nor human , he simply fell for him at first sight and he fell hard ...

He practically became a servant in his own home , fulfilling any request the merman mouthed , if Avalon wanted to open a window he will do it, if Avalon wanted Billy out he will do it, it didn't even bother him when Avalon woke him up at the middle of the night because he was hungry .

And Avalon ? Avalon felt satisfied with the human , he avoided questions about his origin and existence , soon the human learned that there are things that better be left unanswered .

He still refused to call John by his name but he wasn't afraid anymore , at least not from the human , the four legged hairy creature still bothered him.

Avalon found the human entertaining , how he became red whenever Avalon smiled or laughed , he couldn't understand why but the human stirred something inside of him , it's like he didn't care about the position he was in, at a human's mercy , the waves were heard clearly as they crashed on the shore and yet Avalon somehow craved being with the human more than the sea.

Avalon was stunned that the human acted rather normal for encountering such an odd creature like himself .

What bothered Avalon was the question of time , when should he leave ?

He didn't think the human , John tought about it .

In a few days a full moon will and then...

"Human ," John jumped as Avalon called him, " call me John ..." John tried but was ignored , " I can't stay in this, I need more space " Avalon gestured to the pool, John examined , Avalon's tail couldn't fit in the pool, it must be uncomfortable ...

"I'll go to the town and buy a bigger one..." John finally said, the pool was meant for toddlers , he only used it to clean Billy , he was sure he will find something in the town .

After fetching money and deciding against selling fish since he had enough money , he brought his motorcycle from the back, before climbing on it he returned to the cabin, "don't go anywhere , ok ?" Avalon snorted , where and how can he go?

He opened his mouth to throw some snarky comment but held back as he saw John's hesitant expression , "I'll stay..." he replied quietly , John smiled and left.

*****************************

"How you doin' Johnny boy? Thought you died this time !" Rick greeted John as he parked his motorcycle , the town looked absolutely wrecked , everywhere were mourning people and ruins , John was lucky to stay alive, he always did, it's as if his cabin was immuned, but it probably had connection to the location , his cabin was at the other side of the island , he barely felt the earthquake or the tsunami that followed ...

John just nodded in acknowledgment at Rick , John didn't have friends , he was a loner and declined any attempt of people to make connection , eventually most of them gave up, Rick was one of those who still tried...

He sighed in relief when he saw the shop was open , inside however was packed , John groaned as he stood in the line waiting to pay for the big pool he found , he wanted to go back to Avalon and it was already a long ride to the cabin without any of that.

He squirmed under the glare of some people , he was the only one standing there without any basic supplies like the others, he was awkwardly standing there with a pool as if he is going to have some fun while people were suffering and in need ...

After paying , he quickly left the town .

**************************

"I'm back !" Avalon chuckled as the human slammed the door open ,"missed me?" Avalon rolled his eyes at the question , he missed John but he wouldn't admit it.

John immediately got to work, two hours later and the new pool was ready and filled with cold sea water , of course John needed to move things to make some place but that was fine , now there was only one thing left to do.

John carefully lifted Avalon , bridal style , carrying him towards the new pool, Avalon's arms were hugging him .

John couldn't help himself as he admired Avalon's beautiful face, "what are you looking at?" John coughed awkwardly at getting caught , he gasped as he saw Avalon become red.

He stopped and just stared at Avalon , leaning down , "why did you sto -" Avalon was cut as John's warm lips crashed against his, at first he didn't react but when John pulled away he grabbed his head and kissed him, pressing their lips.

John grinned and let his tongue taste Avalon's salty one, " you taste like the sea..." John whispered against Avalon's lips, Avalon just smirked and kissed John ...