PROLOGUE

The crimson glow of Ord Cestus finally came into the viewport of Supreme Leader Snoke's vessel, like a drop of blood against the inky black backdrop of space. Although his ship, an old Imperial Lambda-class shuttle that had once belonged to the Emperor himself, was a light-weight craft, Snoke was confident that there would be no Resistance-led attacks today. Anyone who dared to even cross his path would be met with the full force of the dozen or so TIE fighters circling the ship in attack positions along with the fleet's finest star destroyers surveying the planet's airspace. No one, at least for the duration of his visit, would be allowed to enter or leave hyperspace, lest they want to face the wrath of the First Order.

His business on Ord Cestus was of the utmost importance and if all went as planned, his ship would have one more occupant traveling back to the Supremacy.

The Elite Praetorian Guard, clad in their blood-red robes stood around him, as silent and as deadly as ever. The stormtroopers landed his shuttle only a minute later, relaying to the Supremacy  that they had made it safely to the ground before opening up the hatch with a whoosh. The Guard's weapons immediately roared to life, red electricity crackling against the silver hilts. Snoke waved one of his aging, weathered hands and the obsidian chair that he was currently seated in roared to life as it hovered down to the landing pad.

"Supreme Leader," The trio of Kaminoans that greeted him bowed their heads and necks lowly.

"We trust that your journey was an uneventful one?" One of them stepped forward with a polite smile.

"Spare the formalities," Snoke said in an impatient tone, knitting his fingers together with a smirk, "I've come to see my new creation."

The Kaminoans simply nodded, choosing to stay quiet, and led him down a series of durasteel hallways. Cestus Cybernetics' logo was plastered on everything in the facility and as they made their way down the corridors, they passed several different floor to ceiling viewports depicting the process used to make their droids. Snoke's gaze did not waver from in front of him though, knowing that the displays were merely for tourists or investors.

He was neither of those.

Their party was led into a turbolift and one of the Kaminoans pressed several access codes into the control panel.

"Doctor Nuvlo's laboratory is kept underneath Cestus Cybernetics' main compound in order to ensure that your product was safe and secure until your arrival," One of them explained briefly before turning back around.

Down and down they went until finally there was a metallic ding and the doors whooshed open. Doctor Nuvlo's lab was a sight to see. Unlike the rest of the building, everything was white and pristine and clean. Exactly how he liked it. Several other Kaminoans in surgical masks and lab coats milled around, pausing briefly in their work to bow to Snoke as he passed. They entered another room where Nuvlo himself was standing expectantly, surrounded by viewports on either side of him.