Chapter 4

Flashback:

(APH Germany voice: the time was World War 2)

☆ ☆ ☆

The war was coming to a close, another chapter of the life of Alfred F. Jones.

His bandaged hand turns the knob on the radio, to see if there would be any good news about the war, although it was a rarity.

~"Yesterday was the turning point in the war for the allies. A aircraft caring an atomic bomb heading straight for New York City was averted by Steve Rogers, The Captain America. Allow us have a moment of silence for respect for the man whom gave his life for his country."

...

"May he rest in peace."~

The American turned off the the radio, he was happy that the war was in the beginning of the end, but, still a bit disappointed that he didn't even get to complete his mission with Steve Rogers.

Alfred gave a heavy sigh, hurting his bandage wrapped chest.

Doesn't really matter, humans are fragile no matter how strong they are.

☆ ☆ ☆

The sandy blond paced back and forth in one of the many offices in the White House, his cowlick bobbing up and down with each step.

"Alfred, I'm sure everything is going to be fine, besides if it's anyone's fault, it's mine, they caught me and I told them to talk to Nick Fury."

Alfred stopped and looked at his 'twin brother'. "Mattie, but if my boss tells me that I have to come in and talk with them, then it means something's up."

"But Steve seems really trustworthy."

"But that's not the one who everyone's concerned about." The American groaned.

Suddenly the door swung open.

The men froze, at the sight of the two Avengers entering.

"Sounds like you have as much faith in me as everyone else." Tony says.

"Only with good reason." Steve says to the brunet.

Then he turns his attention back to Alfred, who is standing there stiff as a board, and eyes as big as saucers.

"So your boss said we should speak to you, to makes sure that we can keep this a secret."

Alfred nodded curtly, then cleared his throat. "Alright, C-Captain."

"I told you before, there's no need to call me that." Steve said trying to relive tension.

Alfred cracked a small smile. "Glad you remember that too." He chuckled. "And you Tony, I had met your father, gotta say, he'd be impressed with the advancements you've made in the modern era."

Tony nodded, approving Alfred's appropriate choice of words.

"Fury already swore us to secrecy, so why exactly are we here?"

"My, boss, wants me to make sure you won't talk, and if my boss tells me to do something, I have to do it."

"Well, no worries on that. So what's it like, having you're boss be Obama?" Tony questioned, with his usual condescending aditude.

Alfred shrugged. "It's not really all that exciting, my government responsibilities aren't really my favorite thing."

"So, you can't die?"

"Tony-" Steve shushed.

"What? That's cool, you'd be kinda like a god."

"We are not talking about this."

Alfred laughed. "It's alright, not that bad, I've only been around 500 some years."

This only encouraged Tony, "So, when you like die, do you guys meractuously heal, or does it take a while."

The Canadian gave a soft chortle. "We're not like Wolverine, we heal about the same pace as any normal person." He looks straight at the two heroes. "It's kinda, nice to share that with humans. To have a human element."

Steve let his mind wander, before speaking up. "I had been having flashbacks of that day, we were on the mission together. I thought at first it might have meant something."

Alfred thought about it but then just shrugged. "It might be because it was more resent, you did go down into the ice just a few days after that. Beside I get flashbacks about that war too, it isn't all that uncommon. Maybe it's because you really didn't know me all that well."

"Or maybe it's because you're bound together in the way of the blond haired blue eyed American." Tony joked.

Steve only rolled his eyes. Even though he knew he probably wouldn't be able to talk to Alfred or even mention his existence. But he was glad his mind could be at ease, knowing that those dreams didn't mean anything, and Alfred didn't resent him.

---

Sorry I feel like this chapter was kinda, ehh~