Nico Flies Like Superman

CHAPTER SUMMARY

Harry and Malfoy enact their plan.

BEGINNING NOTES

Chapter Rating: Mature
Content Warning: Graphic Depictions of Violence, Major Character Death, Suicide (implied)
Word Count: 3959

Just so you all know, this is one of my personal favorite chapters...

And all the characters are owned by JK Rowling, or Rick Riordan.

____________________HARRY____________________

Harry was the first to wake up in his dorm Sunday morning. Two thoughts swirled in his mind: school would begin the next day, and Malfoy's plan would go down that afternoon. Hopefully, it would work, and di Angelo would be expelled. It was early in the morning, just after sunrise. Despite this, Harry got dressed in the light of the dawn, listening to the birds chirping and the deep breathing of his roommates. Before going into the common room, he grabbed some parchment, ink, and a quill from his school bag.

The common room looked the same as the day before. Odd, when so much had happened. Who would've thought that in twenty-four hours he'd know who Nico was, what he was planning, and have a plan to expose him? With Malfoy?

It's funny how nothing happens for a week, and, suddenly, everything falls into place.

Harry knew he had to tell the Order what was going on, whether Hermione thought it was smart or not. Besides, he wanted to know what happened to Hagrid. Harry was smart enough to know that he couldn't just write anything, but he had to say something. He sat back in the squishy armchair he often sat in in the common room and thought about Ron and Hermione's cryptic letters from over summer. Now he realized how hard it must've been for them to write him at all. How could he tell Sirius about everything without letting anyone else know what he was talking about?

Finally, he dipped his quill into the ink bottle and began to write:

Dear Snuffles,

Hope you're ok. The first week back here's been terrible, I'm really glad it's the weekend. We've got a new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, Professor Umbridge. She's about as nice as your mum.

There are also three new exchange students at Hogwarts this year.: Two seventh years named Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase, and a Slytherin boy named Nico di Angelo. Percy's in Gryffindor with me. He seems nice enough, he even made the Quidditch team with Ron! Annabeth seems nice too. She's Percy's girlfriend, but since she's a Ravenclaw, I don't know her very well. Nico's in my Potions and Care of Magical Creatures class and reminds me of Draco Malfoy.

I'm writing to you because on Friday night, I was coming back from detention with Umbridge and Nico was there. We were talking, and we ended up getting into a fight. I'm not going to bore you with the specifics, but there were a few bruises, and that was about it. It reminded me of the other fight I had in the spring of my third year. We didn't get in trouble this time, though, don't worry.

We're all missing our biggest friend, we hope he'll be back soon.

Please write back quickly.

Best,

- Harry

Harry read the letter over and over again. He didn't see how an eavesdropper would understand he was talking about dark magic. He wanted to include the stuff about wandless magic, Lares, and Nico's dad, but he didn't see how he could tell Sirius that in code. He hoped Sirius would pick up the hint about Hagrid; he figured that drawing attention to the fact that Hagrid wasn't at Hogwarts wouldn't be the smartest thing to do.