I missed you

Flaca was speechless. She could not find in herself any strength to answer maritza right now. Her brain was only focused on one thing: take in every inch of maritza's face, to make sure everything was the same it was before. Her eyes was still the same sweet ones she had dreamt of getting lost in, except they were shinier than what she's used to, she couldn't guess why. Her nose still was a perfect little one. Her mouth was still very inviting, claiming her attention at all time, hypnotizing flaca so she could barely blink. And then there was the dimples, those damn dimples. She could get lost in them, sink in their profundity. She was sculpted by the Gods, she was the kind of girl that would stop a war by just walking into a room. She missed her so much. She missed that beautiful face and the frowns that would occasionally appear in it. She missed the makeup talks and the arguments about who took what shampoo. She missed the tiny body pressed against her own on the storm nights, because maritza was afraid of thunders. God, how she missed this woman, how she loved this woman. She could never let anyone take her away, she wouldn't bear. Not after everything that happened. The room was in complete silence for some minutes, until maritza decided she needed to take flaca out of her own world.

- hey - she said in a lower tone - you're still there? - flaca woke up from her memory road and started paying attention to the woman In front of her - everything ok? - flaca gave her the widest smile she had.

- it's more than ok, everything is finally great again - she hugged her again, more delicately this time. She wanted to make maritza feel how happy she was because they were together again. She could sense maritza's breath on her chest, because of the high difference. She could feel maritza's hands holding tight into her back, like she was afraid flaca would disappear. To reassure the girl, flaca pulled away just enough so she could see her in the eyes - hey, it's ok, Mari. We're here now - she took the smaller girl's hands on her own - I'm here with you - she recieved a little nod as a response. And if she wasn't so close to Maritza she would have lost the " I missed you", that left the girl's lips. 3 words. Three words were enough to make every hair in her body to stand, she loved her so much. She was determined not to make the same mistake twice so she responded with an "I missed you too" quickly. She felt the little smile that maritza gave her, the girl was attached to her chest. Which she was in no way finding a bad thing. But she decided she needed to know about the last 7 months they spent apart of each other, she needed to know what maritza had been through. So she pulled away to untangle herself from the hug, but found resistance from her friend. A little smirk took place on her lips - do you plan on letting me go anytime soon? - her voice had humor on it.

- no. I can't let you go again - that melted her heart like jelly. She was adorable when she was like this.

- Mari - nothing - Mari, please - she played dirty (even though she didn't know that). That whining voice was too much for maritza to handle. She looked up - you can spend the entire day glued to me if you want, but I need to know how things were there and if they didn't treat you bad - when maritza let out a little huff, flaca knew she had won this one. She waited until the other girl started talking, she couldn't ask the questions that really worried her.

- everything was fine, I guess. There were few of us, you know, from Litchfield there, and in the beginning we had lunch together so the others wouldn't try anything. But not even a week later we realized they would never try, because they were terrified of us - flaca heard everything with without taking her eyes out of the other girl's face - they treated me like I was a mafia leader or something, it was very useful actually - at this flaca let out a little laugh. It was funny that someone would think a baby bunny like maritza would be involved in something that dangerous. She was so adorable, she would never do that - when I got to the showers in the morning they would open a hallway for me to pass, and I always got an extra taco from the kitchen crew. If only did they knew how wrong they were. They thought Soso murdered her girlfriend and blamed the guard. I mean how stupid could they be? - at the Asian girl's name a red flag started to wave at flaca's head. That girl had a girlfriend. She liked girls! - oh my God! How could I forget? I left Soso alone downstairs, I told her she could stay with me and my friends but I totally forgot about her. I'm horrible - and now she was close with maritza. PERFECT. Now she had more competition than before. Would the universe ever give her a break? She didn't even had time to process this new unfortunate information, because maritza started pushing her towards the door- come, she must be alone with those strangers down there - great, now she would have to be friends with her competition, this is not happening like she thought it would.