my future

Flaca was the first to get out of bed, she had a meeting with the executives responsible for the prison. They would discuss about the idea of keeping the theater as a part of the women's lives. Flaca was more excited than nervous, the play was a huge success and even girls that mocked her for wanting to be part of it praised the piece. When Piper and her entered the room, the executives soon smiled at them, which they took as a good sign and relaxed. After a long conversation, where rules, conditions and deadlines were discussed, the pair exited the room with kilometer long smiles. They had new jobs now, they were both Litchfield's art producers. Both of them were dying to tell their girlfriends about the good news. They would support them a hundred percent, of course. Even though Alex would mock piper before doing it. When flaca arrived at the kitchen, she soon started to look for her short girlfriend but had no luck.

- Gloria, have you seen Mari? I need to talk to her.

- she is organizing some things at the storage for me - after looking at flaca, she noticed the smile glued to her face. She couldn't remember a situation she saw the girl this happy. That scene made her smile as well. Flaca noticed that.

- why are you smiling like that? Do I have something on my face? - the younger woman immediately put a hand on her face, searching for the possible dirt. Flaca always made her laugh.

- No, you don't - flaca let her hand fall - And my smile just reflected yours. I've never seen you like this, mi hija, you're radiant. Whatever it is you want to talk to Mari about, I bet it's good - the half smirk gloria gave her made flaca blush hard.

- It is, actually. The important penguins just told me and piper that we can keep putting plays together and we will even be payed for it. So yeah, I'm really happy to tell her - The excitment flaca was showing right now made Gloria's heart warm. She loved to see her girls happy, and maritza clearly made flaca very happy. Her taller daughter had heart eyes just talking about Mari. It was very cute, and they had her entire support.

- I'm sure she will be incredibly happy for you. That girl's happiness is to see yours - that made flaca give her one of the big smiles.

- I know, I'm lucky to have her. She's one in a million - flaca said with embarrassment on her voice. She wasn't used to show vulnerability in front of people that weren't called maritza ramos and were almost half her size.

- you really love her, huh? - There wasn't any judgment in Gloria's words, just pure admiration and happiness. Flaca sometimes thought about what could have happened to them if Gloria wasn't there to guide them through their paths. They were both lucky to have a prison mother like her. With a half smile, flaca answered.

- I do. I love her more than I've ever loved anyone. She makes me better, Gloria. She believes in me, and that makes me believe in myself. She supports my dreams and we click on every way there is to click - flaca's dreamy expression made gloria stop everything to watch her and her passionate way to talk about Maritza - I've got to a point where I can't see myself without her. I can't plan my future without putting her on it.

- Does she know that? Or you're just telling me what you can't tell her? - it was a little bit sarcastic? A little bit. But Gloria wanted to make flaca see that she could say all that to maritza and it would be ok. Because maritza felt the exact same way.

- it's just...I don't want to scare her, Gloria. We've been together for a short time. I'm almost sure that saying all that to her would make her run away from me.

- I am not sure you know how much that girl loves you, Flaca. She is like, four feet tall, and still defends you from everyone. Almost everyone here could kick her ass very easily, but she forgets her high when someone says an "A" about you. She loves you, mi hija. I would bet my left leg that she would tell all that back to you.

- but, it's complicated, Gloria. I'm serious about her, I was only serious about one other person in the world and it ended badly. For me.

- I understand you must have suffered a lot because of ian - flaca hadn't said the name of the person, but gloria didn't need her to. She knew her kid - but you can't compare Mari to him. She would never did what he did to you. She spent 7 months away from you and she just fell even more in love with you - she stepped closer to her hija and caught her hand - she's not him, flaca. Don't make her pay for something she did not do - flaca thought about her words, and figured she was right. Maritza was nothing like Ian. He was an asshole and she was an angel. It was unfair of her to do that.

- you're right. She's nothing like him - Gloria squeezed her arm lightly - you know, I know that's crazy, but When I imagine my kids, I imagine them with her face - she recieved an arched eyebrow from Gloria.

- So you mean, Juliana, right? Cause that girl is like a photocopy of Maritza. They couldn't look more alike if they tried - flaca laughed.

- Of course that includes Juliana, but not only her -that surprised Gloria - I want her to be my kid's mother. I want to see her with a big belly, I want to hear her complain about how big her feet are and how I'm an idiot because the baby's bottle was too hot. I want to feel her crush my hands while in labor. I want to cry when I see our kid for the first time. I want all of that with her - flaca's eyes were glossy because of the tears that threatened to fall. The thought of having all that with the woman she loved always sounded impossible to her, but with maritza she finally had a chance. Gloria hugged her, hearing such a raw display of love made her emotional.

- you'll have all of that, mi hija. Both of you deserve it. You have like three more months here and she has five. Soon enough you both will be out of here and free to live this love. Don't think that because you guys just started it'll never happen.

- you're right. As always - Gloria smiled at her - but i love her so much. Sometimes I wonder if it's all real or just a happy dream. Am I in a coma or something?

- A love like the two of you have is not limited to the walls of this shitty prison. You can relax, honey. You'll be just fine when you're out there.

*sorry it took me too long, but here it is.

**please comment so I know how I'm doing.