Part 4: The Confrentation

They waited for an hour or so, and just when there was 30 minutes left of Luigi's meeting, he saw the door opening. And Mario walked through, but didn't close the door. Because close behind him, was Meggy. They sat at the table for a while, talking and even eating what they could only assume was take out from the local restaurant. They listened as to what they were talking about.

Meggy: So Mario, what do you think about what's been going on recently?

Mario: It's been lots-a fun!

Meggy: Better than spaghetti?

Mario: Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. . .

There was a long space of Mario thinking.

Boopkins: Luigi? What do you think she's talking about?

Luigi: I don't know Boopkins, we may find out though.

They look back at the camera for a second to see something they were both shocked by.

Luigi: WA-!

Boopkins: OH MY GOD! LUIGI WE WERE RIGHT! MEGGY KISSED HIM!

That one kiss lasted for a while, and then, when it stops, they start listening again.

Mario: Ooooo

Mario's head then collapsed onto the table.

Meggy: Oh red.

Luigi: I can't believe it. Mario and Meggy are. . .

Boopkins: They. . . They are. . .

Both of them suspected this was the truth, but they had no idea that it's be true.

Luigi: What do we do? Do we tell the others, or confront them first?

Boopkins: Uh. . . I think we should kindly tell them we know, and ask them what we should do. I don't want them to get angry. 

Luigi: You're right Boopkins, I'll go confront them right now, you stay here and watch. 

Luigi starts climbing the ladder, and opens the door slowly and quietly. And goes out to where the table is.

Luigi: Uh, Meggy?

Meggy: Oh, hey Luigi. Where did you come from?

Luigi: I was at a meeting, but everyone left early. So I came up. What are you two doing?

Meggy: Well, we went out for lunch, and brought food home. Mario was tired, so he fell asleep.

Luigi: Really?

Meggy: Yup!

Luigi then goes over to where he hid one of the cameras.

Luigi: Do you want to tell the truth now?

Meggy: You've been watching this whole time? Why?

Luigi: I heard some noises during my previous meetings, and I was wondering what was going on.

Meggy: *sigh* ok, fine. Your suspicions are true. Mario and I have been together for a few months now. I knew someone would get suspicious at some point, I just didn't think it'd be this soon. Let alone finding out. I guess we have to tell everyone else now too. Just wait for Mario to wake up. He should know too.

After a while Boopkins came up, which surprised Meggy, but they waited, and after a few minutes he woke up.

Mario: Oh, what just happened? Uh, why are Luigi and Boopkins here?

Meggy: Mario, both of them were watching us through that camera this whole time. So I guess that means we have to tell everyone.

Mario: Oooooooh Noooooooo!

Meggy: Mario, they were going to find out eventually. So let's just get it out of the way now.