I'm back!! Lo-Lo-Maple's Commemoration Gift

First of all, I need to apologize for my super long -more than a month long!- hiatus. It wasn't even announced or anything. I'm sorry!

I've been trying my best, since this artbook started, to avoid hiatuses since I used to take them pretty often in my first artbook without warning. But I guess it was only a matter of time until I broke my streak again.

Well, I'll make sure to let you guys know next time, at the very least. Forgive me!

-

Moving on, I'll explain the reason for my hiatus.

So in the last update I talked about this art event online called ArtFight, right? At first, I was just a bit burnt-out from trying to make too much art for that in a short amount of time.

But as the days and then weeks passed by without touching art, I realized that I probably had some kind of art block triggered from the initial burning-out.

So I waited, and eventually, I found that I wanted to draw again. But I didn't feel like making just any old lineart drawing I'm so used to- I wanted to learn something new. I wanted to learn how to paint.

So yeah, for some reason I started holding myself back from drawing so that I could learn how to paint... I know I should have let you guys know; sorry again.

So I thought I would come back with a really nice painted fanart for you guys, but recently an artsy friend of mine on here announced that she is leaving WattPad for Instagram. (Not entirely, but enough.)

I wanted to make a commemorative gift for my dear friend, and drew up a digital piece of Suga in my usual style. (Or someone who kind of looks like him... I tried.)

I didn't paint because I wanted to get this out as fast as possible (before the event became too irreverent) and didn't want to rush the thing to make it look less than worthwhile. It's also familiar and I thought she would appreciate a present in a recognizable style of mine. ^_^

So, Lo-Lo-Maple, I hope you like it!

-

So yeah, that's what I've been up to the last month and a few days. I guess you can count this piece as BTS fanart? Yeah, let's go with that.

I'm working on it, but I hope to be back soon with a more paint-like style! Probably something for writer168's Shinobi, which came out of a hiatus recently. :)

I'll be honest. No promises that I'll be back by next week, but I will be back soon. With super cool painted stuff, hopefully.
Look forward to it!
Until then; have a great rest of your day.