Chapter 1: Hate At First Sight

Well it's finally here, the night everybody has been waiting for. Tonight we are celebrating the 20th anniversary of our beloved company and that not the only thing that makes this night special. Our payment gets doubled and tonight is the begin of our season break.

I walked  to the main entrance where two guard were standing and showed them my invitation card before I was allowed to enter. As expected everyone is busy talking in here but no one is dancing maybe it's because Mr Houston hasn't danced yet.

I made it to Julia and the other girls but before I could say anything the host started talking so we had to sit down and listen to him.
~~~~~~~

Everything went well tonight, I actually had a lot of fun but now it's home time. I walked over to Mr Houston, my boss to say goodbye or else he will think I didn't come.

"Hello Sir " I said awkwardly behind him and he quickly turned around.

"Melissa, is good to see you here." He pulled me into a hug as he said this and a big smile made it way to my lips.

"I couldn't miss this anniversary for anything, Sir." I slowly pulled away from him with the smile still on my face.

"Anyway this is my youngest son Christian." He introduced the guy that was standing next to Daniel.

I never knew that my boss had a younger son, I always thought Daniel was the only child.

"And Christian this is Melissa, my assistant." I gave him a smile as I shook his hand but he didn't return it.

Someone is in a bad mood.

"Isn't she pretty?" Daniel ask and my eyes widens in shock.

Why am I even surprise it's Daniel afterall

"I don't see any thing pretty about her." His deep and husky voice answered before I felt his eyes scanning me. "I mean if she is pretty then anyone can be."

Ouch

He looks upset but that doesn't mean that he has to take it out on me. I mean I wasn't expecting him to find me pretty because he is handsome and probably has models falling at his feet but still.

"My brother here, forgot his glasses at home so don't be bothered about the nonsense he is talking." Daniel said glaring at him and I just kept a fake smile on my face.

He doesn't look like someone who wears glasses.

"Don't worry, comments like that don't bother me anyway." I lied.

"Whatever I'm leaving, I will see you guys later." Without hugging or even looking at his father and Daniel, he walked towards the exit.

"I'm sorry for my son's behaviour." Mr Houston apologised and I gave him an it's okay look.

"I will also take my leave now it looks like my friends are looking for me." I finally came up with an excuse to leave but Daniel stopped me by grabbing my wrist "Not so fast."

"Don't you think you're forgetting something that you have to tell me." He said with a cheeky grin on his face and I gave him a confused look. "For tomorrow." He added and that ringed my bell.

He's leaving for a business trip tomorrow and he expecting me to say safe journey

"Have a save trip" I said but actually I hope his plane dives right to the ocean so that the sharks can feed on his body. That what he gets for asking stupid questions.
~~~~~~