STIL12: Past, Present and Future

-PRESENT-

     Marahas na isinira ni Vida ang diary na hawak pagkatapos na mabasa ang ilang pahina noon. Hindi na niya kayang pilitin ang sariling basahin ang madami pang pahina ng makapal na diary na nasa kandungan na niya ngayon. Ang diary na nagsisilbing tanging dugtungan niya sa nakaraan at sa hinaharap ay naglalaman lang ng sa tingin niya ay kalokohan.

     Irritable, Vida sat up straight and gripped her seatbelt tightly.

     Apparently this Vida who was writing this diary was writing something that she, the Vida of the present, would never… EVER… write in her life. All it had, based on the few pages that she just read were full of a boy named Chronos and the mysterious feelings she had towards him.

     Pero kahit anong tanggi niya na sa kanya nga ang diary na iyon wala pa ring magawa si Vida kundi pumikit na lang saglit dahil nagkikipagtalo ang utak niya na walang dudang sulat kamay nga niya iyon.

      “Mr. Chronos.”

      “Hmmm?”

     For the first time logic couldn’t explain it for her. It was a puzzle for her why she went to search for him in the first place… she should have first looked for her parents but no! Her body knew better than her to know what it was doing and without realizing it she found herself in front of someone who her stupid diary told her not to find with ease. As if it was only natural for her to be with him… just like now, sitting with him inside his car comfortably.

      “Why am I comfortably sitting here with you though you’re a complete stranger?”

     Malayo ang tanaw at tahimik na inantay niya ang sagot ni Mr. Chronos na muhkang hindi makasagot agad sa kanya.

     Tumango ng marahan si Chronos at muhkang nakahanap ito ng sagot sa tanong niya habang nilalaro at tinatapik ng kamay nito ang manibelang hawak. His long fingers played with the leather cover of the steering wheel that his luxury car had and abruptly stopped when he was already sure of his answer.

     “Because you are Vida and that you are head—over— heels— and hopelessly in love with me.” Without blinking he said pompously.

     Vida seriously looked up ahead avoiding the piercing gaze this nut crack had and asked nonchalantly.

      “Ilusyunal po ba kayo o Siraulo?”

     Imbes na mainsulto muhkang natuwa pa lalo si Chronos sa sinabi niya ditto base sa malakas na tawa nito. He seemed to be enjoying her habit of saying clip and sharp remarks that people around her usually hated.

      “Ako din… Ako mismo!-” tinapik ni Mr. Chronos ang dibdib nito. “Hindiiiiii rin naniniwala hangang ngayon. Hindi talaga.”