"Family Vs the Games"

The gunfire was heard before he saw where it came from, which made him feel shock of pain in his arm. 

"Crap!"

he stood still looking to where the paint was, He was behind probably hidden in the bushes. Greyson aimed his gun to the bushes and started firing rapidly. 

Once he was out he quickly reloaded waiting for his mentor to come out.

It was quiet in the arena, he could hear fake birds chirping, and flies everywhere. The arena was a forest today, not to train for the games, but more for his future in the military.  

"You were not paying attention, if I would have had a real gun, and was your enemy. You would be dead before you would know I was there." Captain Frankheart said standing up from behind the bushes, covered in paint. 

Greyson liked training with him since he always made him try harder or better. He always says to make the games as if they are life or death. Which is good in all, if the games weren't life or death. Yes there were people who died on accident, but it wasn't intent. 

Captain wrapped his paintball guns over his shoulder and started walking out of the arena. 

"Captain. Aren't you supposed to train your daughter today?" He quickly walked after him trying not to look scared of him. Which worked out a lot of times. 

"No. Not today, my wife wants to have mother daughter time before the games, since she has spent the past two weeks with me." 

"Well, since you don't have a daughter for the rest of the day can you train me to the new guns you just got?"

Captain looked to him annoyed, and grumpy. He wasn't in a good mood, probably because his daughter is getting treated like a princess today and not a solider. "No. Your father needs you anyway," They walked out of the arena to see multiple people running around in uniforms and weapons. "What does my father need me to do? Its not like he's happy that I'm the representative." 

Walking down the concrete hall made him think more of home then his actual home. He hated staying at his house, it was war everyday with his father. Nothing he odes pleases him, and now that he has gotten older, he doesn't care anymore. As long as he has Captain Frankheart's favor thats all that matters.

"I know you two hate each other, but you still have responsibilities. Its not just to help you, but the people of the clan. Everything is for the clan." his voice was stone and harsh but Greyson could tell that he meant it.

He lost his wife because of the commitment he had to the military, he almost lost his child. Everything was not good for him for at least three years, till him and his wife made and agreement to stay married and share Kindra, but still see other people. 

"Fine I'll go, but that means tomorrow I want to use that new toy."

Captain just rolled his eyes shaking his head, "You can't tell me what to do kid. Yes you are the chief boy, but I'm still the head of the military here. Any weapon is my control,  and your father can't change it." Greyson smirked thinking about ways to sneak into the weapons room and practice it, but overtime he asked to use a weapon, Captain Frankheart puts triple security up in that section. Funny.

"Thank you for the practice, and for my stained jacket. I shall be going, wish me luck with father," Captain Frankheart nodded, " I won't,because I know you are going to be fine. Make this clan proud."

Greyson nodded walking out the two double metal doors to be treated by the wave of scorching hot air, and to bright of a sun.

His driver was seating on a table outside, where there were fans going to keep you cool. Also he had a water bottle has well.

The driver looked up and smiled, slowly standing up. "You ready to go? Because I know I am." Greyson nodded pulling out his phone to see lots of calls from father. Something had to had happened if father called multiple times. "yeah, I'm ready to go," the driver nodded walking to the car quickly to start the engine and a.c. 

As he Was getting the car cold Greyson called father trying not to seem to desperate.

It rung twice before fathers furious voice came. "Why haven't you picked up my calls! Or my Text! I need you home quickly, your grandmother is not doing well." Greyson quickly understood hopping into the car, " Where is she, is she in the hospital or at home?"

"Hospital."

"Take me to the hospital. OH and father, tell her to read the card i gave her yesterday. I told you to bring it to their house."

"Yes,I already have it, now hurry up she wants to know where you are."

"Im coming as quick as possible, i just got done training."

There was a pause not the other side. Till he heard his fathers voice go deeper and scary, "You were training, instead of hanging out with your grandmother, which has been wanting to see you  since she moved here last month." Greyson didn't say anything after that, he didn't want to argue anymore now that he is worried about his grandmother. 

His father kept talking till it seemed like he had nothing else to say for the rest of the year. IT felt like eternity till his father finally talked in a calm manner. 

" Please just hurry. Call me when your here so I can tell you the room."

"Okay I will thank you."

"Your welcome."

He was the first to hang up, sighing. His eyes closing quickly trying for him to sleep , but it was not working. He need to stay up till he got home, then he can fall on his bed. 

Greyson closed hid eyes taking deep breath, once they got to the hospital Greyson quickly called father who told him the room. He ran the whole way till he got to the room. 

His grandmother was lying in a white bed smiling talking with father and grandpa. It was funny how close father was to his mothers parents, and how it was the same opposite, It was nice a dinner times with the whole family. 

Grandmother looked up toward him and smiled holding her arms out for him to hug. Greyson smiled hugging her softly trying not to hurt her. 

"What are the doctors saying?"

No on answers for a second till grandmother smiled, "nothing sweet child. I am fine."He knew that was a lie