CHAPTER 18

"I mean whatever it is that comes to your mind when you think of Nokwanda killing Sthabile, Sthembiso, the twins and you," he said with his hands on his pockets.

"Fuck!" I said.

"So, what's it going to be?" he asked standing in front of me.

"I kill," I said. He smiled at me. "I told you you had some gangster in you," he said smiling.

"Don't start." I said. He laughed and walked to the door. "You'll hear from me," he said and walked out first. I stood up and walked to the main bedroom. I knelt and closed my eyes.

"Lord forgive me for even contemplating about killing one of your creations. Forgive me for allowing revenge to take over my sentiment. I call upon you Jehovah Eli Shalom (Jehovah our peace) to pave my way. Be with me Lord as I prepare to go into battle for my children's lives. Stand by me Almighty as I am about to sin. Hear my plea Lord. Overlook this sin. In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, I request for You to anoint me with Your boldness and strength today and forever, and ever, Amen," I prayed. I opened my eyes and looked at my folded hands. I stood up and walked to the bedroom Stitch and I were in. I took my phone, switched it on and went to charge it.

I woke up when I heard Ndumiso talking on the phone. I sat up and walked to the bathroom. I wasn't ready to listen to him flirting with his ex-wife. I showered and went to the bedroom with only a towel wrapped around my body. I saw Ndumiso's phone on the bed and suddenly had an idea. I tip toed to the door and locked it. I took the phone and then took his number and Stitch's.

I texted Stitch and then I went to unlock the door. I placed the phone on the bed and went to get dressed. I finished and went to the spare room for a card. I got hold of it, went to the bathroom, got scanned and went in.

"If it isn't the born gangster," said Stitch walking in from the shooting zone. I shook my head with a smile and went to the shelves. I took out the Glock 17, to check if I still have it within me to aim.

"What are you doing here?" I asked wearing goggles.

"The same thing you came here to do," he said pointing at me with his head. "Let's see who knocks off more cans," he said smiling.

"Are you challenging me?" I asked with a smile.

"Training ... I'm training you," he said pressing a button next to him. We walked back to the shooting zone and stood there watching the dummies. They were moving randomly with cans on their head.

"Too hard for you?" he asked looking at the shaken me.

"You mean this?" I said knocking off the first tin. It fell and I looked up to him with a smile on my face.

"Whoooah! But how did you-"

"2-0," I said knocking the second one down. He shook his head and we started firing. After a few minutes, his phone rang. He answered it and went where the shelves were.

"They have her," he said soon after he walked in.

"Let's go then," I responded. We went downstairs. I took a pocket of biscuits and carton of juice. We went to his car and he drove off.

"Are you going to kill her?" he asked after we had parked. I looked at him and gulped. It hadn't sunk in yet ... that I HAVE TO kill her.

"A few warning bullets will do. I'm not ready," I said looking down.

"Do you think that'll make her back down?" he asked. I raised my head and sighed. "Let's hope she takes them grave," I said. He nodded and we left.