Prologue

(Y/N) tapped her foot impatiently against the cold white floors. Humming to herself she smiled at those who passed her by, an uncommon pleasure in the building she was in. She was just in a good mood, a really good mood and not even the stern looks on the faces of agents as they passed her by was going to ruin that mood. She had just taken down a huge mob operation in Russia all without any large hiccups of any kind. It was a milestone of her career really, the CIA had sent over ten operatives into the gang to try and get any kind of information out of it and she had been the only one to come out successful in any capacity and she had taken down the whole thing. Right from the top, she had cut the head off the snake and that was enough to make her smile, broadly.

One thing that was annoying her thought was the amount of time it was taking them to get to her. It had been at least an hour, and she was guessing because naturally there were no clocks on the walls. Just white, and the occasional large Central Intelligence Agency logo plastered on the wall or the floor. More agents passed, a few analysts clutching their binders to their chest for dear life. She wished she had her phone, her normal phone the one that was sitting in her drawer in her apartment just outside of DC. She hadn't had time before the debrief to get reacquainted into her actual life, as (Y/N) (L/N) instead of Aneska Rusha. She hoped that they were going to give her a break after this one, although her last two missions had been back to back.

At last a woman in a crisp black and white pantsuit walked out with a crisp frown on her face. "He will see you now." She said, waving an arm as (Y/N) followed her into an office area. A small desk with a computer sat against a wall, which opened into an extremely large set of doors that were all too familiar to (Y/N). "Nice to see you back in one peace." The receptionist smiled.

"You know about my-?" (Y/N) cocked her head.

"Your kind of a legend around here. The boss is impressed, to say the least."

"Well you know I aim to please." (Y/N) smiled and pulled the handles on the doors. This opened into what might've been the biggest and whitest space in the entire building. The director's office. (Y/N) walked across the room, past the large conference room table filled with chairs, and the screens for briefings. She made it all the way over the desk that paled in comparison to the size of the room.

"(Y/N)." Came a low rumbling voice, "I hope you understand how impressed I am at your success in Russia." he took a breath, "Which is why I feel you are the agent most adequately prepared for this next assignment."

"Which is?" Internally, (Y/N) sighed, she wanted a break more than anything but duty calls, that was something she had learned from her first mission. No boyfriends, no prolonged contact with family, no friends outside the agency, when duty calls its everything. She didn't even have a cat.

"I want you to take down Tom Holland."

(Y/N) wheezed, "I'm sorry, what?"