8

(Y/N) had one more piece of the puzzle to figure out. What the heck Rich Moreno was planning to take down Tom, and if whatever it was still had a chance of happening. So she sat outside the club where she had murdered him, looking for anything that could possibly give her any information. She had a healthy confidence that she would find something, she was a trained operative she would be able to see something out of the ordinary, but four hours in, she wasn't so sure anymore. No one of any particular interest to her seemed to be coming in or out of the club.

That's when what she was looking for found her. It started as a hand her back, and for a moment she thought it was one of Tom's men, that leaving her phone that she knew had a tracker in it back at her apartment hadn't tricked them. But when she turned around to fight whoever it was, she knew it wasn't one of Tom's men, it was one of Moreno's. (Y/N) recognized her from the crowds of people in the back room of the club. Perfect, she thought, turning to subdue the woman.

(Y/N) grabbed her arm and twisted it, as the woman stepped back trying to get her arm free. Unfortunately, her legs were already free and she kicked (Y/N) sending her down to the ground. She reached over to try and grab both of (Y/N)'s arms but (Y/N) grabbed both her legs an pulled her down the ground, then stood up steadying herself to claim victory. But before (Y/N) could do that, suddenly the woman did a flip off the ground and she was on top of (Y/N).

"Who sent you?" The woman growled.

"None of your business." (Y/N) replied, looking around for anything she could use to get the upper hand. She smiling slowly as she realized she had the best tool right in front of her already. She punched the owmen, which finally gae her the uper hand and in a few minutes, the woamne was tied up in a differnt alley two miles away. "So tell me, what does Rich Morneo have planned?"'

The women spat, and sighed not saying a word. "Okay fine, that's fine." She pulled a knife out of her pocket and picked at it gently, "Fingers or toes? I don't have a prefrence. I'm sure you do though."

"Your not allowed to do that."

"Are you sure?" (Y/N) eyed her with a grin, hoping that she wouldnt really ahve to go to extreme mesaures to get information out of this woman.

"He has something planned with A couple of other mob bosses, they're going to raid that office building Holland has brun it down, kill evryone isnide leave him with nothing."

"When?"

"I don't know."

"Okay then."

-----

The next hour found (Y/N) back at her apartment pacing vigorously. She had a lot of problems on her hands, about ninety-nine of which were Tom Holland in some capacity. The fact that she was hopelessly in love with him, but had to destroy him in one way or another. Because it was the right thing to do, she'd gotten this far believing that things were black and white. There was right and there was wrong, and not doing anything, deciding to love him that was wrong because the things he did were bad. Right?

She had a duty give the information she had gathered back to the CIA so they could figure out what to do with it because that was the job she had been sent to do. Only Tom complicated all of that, she loved him a fact she knew but didn;' know how to react to. Could you betray someone out of love? She didn't know for sure.

There was a little part of her that wanted to stay with him. Forget her duty and just come clean, beg for his forgiveness and just love him fully and freely. She sat down for a minute and just let herself imagine, that everything perfect her life finally settling down, finally letting herself be happy. A a few minutes after that was when she finally made her decision, and began to walk towards the door.

Only by the time she got there, someone was already knocking. She opened it and saw who it was. "Harrison." She smiled.

In return, he looked at her in a way she had never seen before, and he definitely did not smile. "Tom wants to see you."