Chapter 24.5: Vacation

The thin layer of snow on the ground crunched under your feet. It was lightly snowing from a cloudy forecast overhead.

You: The cabin is right down this path right?

Erza: That's what the map says.

She looks down at well drawn map.

You: Good. I'm freezing out here!

Erza: That's because you were so insistent on wearing your normal clothing instead of a warm outfit.

You were wearing your normal leather gear that exposed your chest.

Erza wore a thick blue coat and knee high snow boots.

You: Well... it's for training purposes!

She shakes her head.

You: At least I didn't bring my whole home with me.

Erza: My belongings are very essential to traveling.

She was dragging a slead of many different things behind her.

You: Is that the cabin ahead?

In the distance, a smallish wooden structure appeared.

Erza: Seems like it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You got inside and started to unpack. The cabin was decently sized. It had a bedroom, kitchen, a living room with a fireplace, and a large bathroom.

Behind the cabin was a frozen over lake. Just beyond it was the mountain that over looked the cabin. It was huge.

You stood by the lake to take in the view.

Little did you know, Erza picked up a big clump of snow and was sneaking up behind you.

An intense cold hit your back causing you to jump.

You: NOT COOL!

Erza laughs.

While she had her eyes closed from laughing, you picked up a snowball and chucked it at her.

It hit her in the neck.

Erza: COLD!

She retaliates with her own snow ball.

This process went back and forth for a few minutes. You both were laughing like children.

The sky started to become dim from dark clouds forming overhead.

You stop throwing snow and calmed down.

Erza: Looks like a decent sized snow storm is coming. What do you say to resting for the day and start training tomorrow?

You: No arguments from me.

With that, you and Erza move inside and start a fire to keep yourselves warm.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The stone fireplace was crackling from crimson flames burning inside of it. Howling winds could be heard outside.

You and Erza layed snuggled up on a sofa in front of the fireplace. Your arm wrapped around her.

Erza: Sounds like the blizzard is here. I can't see anything out of the window.

A window to the left of the fire was completely white from frost.

You: I'm glad theres a fireplace. Otherwise we would be freezing.

Erza: I'm glad there's one for a different reason.

You: What's the reason?

Erza: It's a romantic set piece. Two people watching the fire while huddled up with each other is something I believed only happened in my books. The smell of burning wood is also a plus.