Chapter 36: Father and Son

Acnologia stands before you. His bruised and bloody body stood firm.

The fire that was burning down the city was getting more intense, causing you to profusely sweat while embers rushed all around you.

You: I don't have much magic left, I need to use it sparingly.

Acnologia's black eyes made you feel cold. You knew that the voice in your head was the cause of this, but who was it?

He starts to move at you, a slight limp echoed each step.

You move forward. You move with a slow walk that turns into a full on sprint.

Acnologia throws down his right foot to the ground and uses his momentum to land a powerful punch to your face.

The hit staggared you.

You quickly retort with your own punch to his stomach. More of the goo blasts from his mouth.

He trips backwards and collapses to his knees, whipping his mouth.

Acnologia: I-What... *Incomprehensible gurgling*

He was talking but was cut off by more goo.

The black in his eyes started to lighten up before they went dark again.

You: I think if I hit his stomach enough, he might get all of that crap out if his system and take control again.

He puts one of his palms to the dirt ground, dark magic glows from the cracked gravel.

A black magic circle appears below you before exploding violently.

The pain from the attack was enough to make you cry out.

You land on the ground then charge him again.

A direct knee to the gut made him spew more goo. He held his stomach.

You: IM SORRY FOR THIS!

You move his arms and strike his abdomen over and over. His mouth was black. Each punch was weaker than the last as you ran out of energy.

He gains his footing again and grabs your left arm then he slams his head into yours, acting as a battering ram.

You fall to the ground, holding your head. He grabs your leg and throws you at a large rock.

You crash against it.

He grins as he rushes towards you and grabs your face.

A hiss escapes his lips when he raises his magic engulfed fist and strikes you in the chest against the hard rock. Sounds of cracking bone filled your ears.

Acnologia let's go and throws you to the ground. He raises his leg backwards then kicks you with all his might. More cracks echo from your body.

The pain was too much, you started to fade in and out. Your vision shook as your head pounded.

???: You are no hero. You are no human. You are no dragon.

Acnologia limps to where you landed. The same wide grin paints his face.

???: Every last creature that wonders in here all suffer the same fate. Death.

Your breathing slowed down. Your chest was numb with sharp pain.

You tried to move, but all your energy was gone. The most you could do was follow your father as he made his approach.

???: Death comes for us all eventually. For some sooner than others. It is enivitable for everyone exept for me.