Chapter 3

When at a party, Percy became a totally different person. 

Instead of the war-torn demigodess, she was the eccentric daughter of a playboy billionaire who was often found playing with children and flirting with other girls at the parties. 'She's just like her father' and 'Another rich child molded by their parent's actions' were often found in newspapers the days after. Of course there were some talking about actual stuff, and not rumors of whether she is dating any girls who showed up. She never was, it was all for the press. (The other girls enjoyed being part of the charade. The deal being that they flirt back, and Percy would keep the creepy guys away and the media off the rest of them.)

One of the girls, a daughter of a Broadway actor, found Percy, who was standing at the elbow of her father, pretending to not be angry at him. "There's a new girl here, she's looking pretty nervous and the guys are starting to check her out," the girl told her.

Percy nodded and excused herself from her father and started over, laughing with the other girl and waving at people that passed. She did notice her brother's team, but elected to ignore them for the time being.

Once they were within viewing distance, the other girl left, and Percy continued on, pushing past the guys that were congregating. The first thing she noticed was the girl's tennis shoes, then her messy and choppy hair, then the fact that it was Piper McLean.

She grabbed her arm and pulled her into a back hallway, making sure no one saw them.

"What are you doing here?" She hissed at Piper, who looked disoriented from being dragged away suddenly.

Surprised by the make up and dress on her friend, Piper didn't recognize her for a second. "Percy? What- My dad's a movie star, remember? What are you doing here? This is a Wayne party, it took my dad years to get in, and he's one of the most popular stars out there. Don't know why he dragged me along but-"

"Piper! Your dad couldn't get in because I didn't want him in! If he came, he would have brought you, and this would have happened!"

Piper faltered. "What do you mean 'you didn't want him in'?"

Percy dragged her hand down her face. "This is what I was afraid of." She sighed and collected herself. She offered her hand, reintroducing herself. "Hi, I'm Persephone Jackson Wayne, daughter of Bruce Wayne, and protector of the other girls, who I need to get back to." She withdrew her hand and started walking back down the hall.

"Wait! What- you never- you never told us?!" Piper stuttered, "Annabeth's known you for nine years, even dated you for one, does she know?"

"No, now hush, I can't be seen walking into or out of a hallway with you, the tabloids would go insane."

"But I have a boyfriend!"

"They don't know that! As far they're aware, you're another possible fling!"

"Another?!"

Right as they were turning back towards the party, footsteps came thundering down the hall from the party. Percy grabbed Piper's hand and pulled her up into the rafters.

"Since when could you do that?" Piper exclaimed.

"I've lived here since I was 3, I learned a thing or two to escape my brother."

"Brother?!"

"Shh!"

Richard Grayson, Roy Harper, and Wallace West raced down the hall, looking around.

"-Percy never wanted her to come, and now both of them have dissapeared," Dick summarized, "Plus, the boys will notice if Percy's gone too long, and close in on the girls. She'd kill me if any of them got hurt."