Prologue

POV Elsa

I watch at the news where local reporter is standing outside of a museum. Her name is Jane Porter, a girl who wears beige and holds her brown hair on knot always.

"Helicopters are still searching the area. There is still no sign of the Snowflake Burglar. This time he managed to steal a ruby necklace from museum. Any clues you might have about his whereabouts are kindly welcomed by the police. The necklace was call--."

I pressed the button of the remote control to shut down the television. "Ah! Elsa! I was watching that," Anna groaned with her mouth full of popcorn. "We were supposed to watch a movie!" I rolled my eyes at her. First day and we were already in the crossroad.

"My home, my rules!" She grabbed the remote control from me and showed her tongue. She giggled and opened the television again. I sighed and leaned my head on my hand because I had to watch it again. I see how her boyfriend Kristoff places his arm around Anna, on her shoulder. I pout to the sight, well actually it is my fault since I had to move to live with them.

Anna gasped suddenly and pointed at the television, "Look! There he is!" Anna had been living on Burgess for quite a while now and she was one of the people who admired the thief who media had taken as their pet, giving him a nickname 'Snowflake Burglar'. Even Kristoff was amazed by him. My first day and I have to be watching their fan actions.

"That is so awesome Elsa, look!" Anna turned my head so I had to watch it. I saw a guy, over twenty years from the looks of it. He was running on a rooftop, holding a small bag on his shoulder. The cameras zoomed on him when news helicopter flew above him. His hair seemed messy and overlong, somehow even ruffled. His hair seemed to be white which was rather interesting, he had even more pale skin tone than I had. Now I watched how a sly smirk formed on his face and his piercing blue eyes were looking directly at the camera. "Did he just give you guys chills?" Anna gulped and it was like she had read my mind. Even Kristoff was nodding. Something about those cyan blue eyes caused an odd reaction that ran through your spine.

Anna squealed, "Now the show begins!" Snowflake Burglar gave an overdone bow to the police who were aiming directly at him down on the ground while he was standing up on the fire escape ladders of apartment house. The camera zoomed more into him, "Here you can see Snowflake Burglar in action, will he be stopped this time?" Jane Porter commented.

The interesting part was when he suddenly touched his other ear and seemed to listen. Then he bursted into laughter. Does he have an earplug? Is someone speaking to him? Anna and Kristoff didn't seem to notice. "W-what is he doing?" I whispered when he backed up on the fire escape. He run forward and jumped. He landed on top of police cars and ran forward, going side to side. Then I knew why he ran like that, the police opened fire and suddenly the screen went black for a moment.

"I hope that they didn't hit him," Anna said staring at the television and slowly eating a piece of popcorn. Her strawberry blond hair was on loose ponytail, hairs sticking everywhere. It was my move in day so my stuff was all around and it took a toll from all of us.

Suddenly Jane Porter appeared on the screen, "As you can see we faced some technical difficulties." Kristoff hummed, "More likely didn't want us to see the police shooting at him." Anna nodded and I sighed. "However the Snowflake Burglar got away again this time. Will the police forces of Burgess catch him eventually? When he will strike again? Answers you can find out from us, your local television," Jane Porter said and the broadcast ended.

I sat on the couch and my hand went to popcorn bowl, "Anna, you ate it all!" I laughed and she peeked on the bowl. "Sorry! I will go to make some more before we watch the movie!" She smiled and went to kitchen.