Episode 17 : Let the right one in part 2

Mystic Falls High School Edit

[Alaric in his classroom pulls out his arsenal of vampire weapons.]

Damon: Teacher by day, vampire hunter by night.

Alaric: I've you to thank for that.

Elena: What are these?

Alaric: Those are tranquilizer darts filled with vervain.

Damon: Just get me in. I'll get Stefan out.

Elena: That's your plan? You're just gonna take them all on yourself?

Damon: Well, I'll be a little stealthier than that, hopefully.

[Elena takes one of the vervain darts.]

Alaric: Whoa. What are you doing?

Elena: I'm going with you guys.

Damon: No. No. No. No. No way.

Elena: You need me. I'll get in. You could distract them, and then I'll get Stefan out.

Damon: You'll get yourself killed. You're not going in there.

Elena: I'm going.

Damon: So, when you get me in, get out as quickly as you can. I know how to sneak around where they can't hear me. You'll basically just be in the way.

Elena: Damon, now is not the time to be the lone ranger.

Damon: Fine. Elena, you can drive the getaway car. You're not going in the house.

Elena: You can't stop me. It's Stefan we're talking about here. You don't understand.

Damon: Oh, I understand. I understand. He's the reason you live. His love lifts you up where you belong. I get it.

Elena: Can you just not joke around for 2 seconds?

Damon: I can't protect you, Elena. I don't know how many vampires there are in there. That's how long it takes you to get your head ripped off. I have to be able to get in and get out. I can't be distracted with your safety. Or this will end up a bloodbath that none of us walk away from...Including Stefan. I know. I get it. I understand.

Alaric: If we're gonna go, let's go.