Episode 21 : Isobel part 6

Salvatore Boarding House

[Damon is pouring himself a glass of scotch. Stefan arrives.]

Damon: Would you like one? Say it, whatever it is, purge, get it out.

Stefan: It's about what Isobel said.

Damon: What about?

Stefan: Well, I know that you and Elena have bounded and I know that she cares about you and...I know you care about her.

Damon: Well, this is going in an interesting direction.

Stefan: I'm just concerned about Elena being hurt. She considers you a friend.

Damon: Same here, Elena is a very good friend. Actually, she might qualify as my only...friend. Is that a problem?

Stefan: So, at the risk of sounding like uh...like a jealous boyfriend.

Damon: Oh, there's no risk, you do.

Stefan: History will not be repeating itself where Elena is concerned. Do you understand what I'm saying?

Damon: Sure. Sure.

[Stefan runs toward him at vamp-speed.]

Stefan: Do you understand?

Damon: Whatever you say man, I mean honestly we're just friends and as a friend I wasn't looking forward to telling her the truth anyway so, I'll let you do it.

Stefan: What truth?

Damon: About John. Because I know you guys don't like to keep secrets from each other.

Stefan: What are you talking about?

Damon: Am I the only one around here who has the ability to put two and two together? Isobel! Hello? She dated John when she was 15; she gets pregnant and ends up at the doctor's office of John's brother. Now, what do you think John's role is in all this? I mean, go ahead, and think about it, I'll wait. Did you get it? You there yet?

Stefan: So you think that John is Elena's father?

Damon: Ding, ding, ding, ding!

Stefan: What proof do you have?

Damon: I don't need any proof, that's a DNA test for John, Elena and Maury Povich to deal with but I know how well you deal with these bombs so...Sleep tight.

[He leaves the room.]

Damon: Oh and when you do tell Elena and she needs a friend to talk to about anything, I'm here for her.