Part 26

A/N:
MY CHILDREN. LOOK AT WHAT WE HAVE ACHIEVED

Also sorry if this part's kinda short and boring, it's kinda just a filler because I wanted to make this story exactly 30 parts long

Also sorry if this part's kinda short and boring, it's kinda just a filler because I wanted to make this story exactly 30 parts long. And it shall be. But the last part will be super long.

---

You both exchange contacts and Eva tosses Sumo a treat before you both turn to leave once again.  

You knock on Oskars door, Sumo standing next to you and waiting for Oskar to open the door. The door opens but instead of being greeted by Oskar, a much much smaller person opens up.

"Uncle Oskar! It's that pretty lady from the skatepark!" The small boy shouts.

You hear Oskar walk from the living room where he was sat and he then greets you at the door. "Come in." He smiles.

You walk into his home and the small boy runs off into the living room and picks up his PlayStation controller and continues to play his game. It's some generic first-person shooter.

"You weren't lying." You say. "And uncle Oskar? Noice."

"Yeah, I don't know why he does that... What's in the box? A puppy?" Oskar inquires as the two of you walk into the living room. He looks at the box which has the treats inside with curiosity.

"Yes, Oskar it's a puppy. How did you know?" You sarcastically answer with an eye-roll. "Hey, Robbie are you hungry?"

Robbie pauses his game. "Always, why?" 

You open up the box and the smell of cookies and chocolates and cake seeps out into the room and you all feel your mouths watering.

"And does anything in here interest you?" You ask. 

"Can I have a cookie?" Robbie asks. "The chocolate chip one please." 

You smile. "Of course." You say and hand him the cookie. "Do you want anything O man?"

"What did I say about calling me O man? And yes I would love a brownie."

You pass him a brownie and then take something for yourself.

As you all eat your snacks, the room is awkwardly quiet. You swallow a mouthful of food and take it upon yourself to make things less awkward. "So... I didn't know Sid had a little brother."

Robbie finishes off his cookie quickly. He devoured it in fact. It was as if he has never been fed before. As you look at him you can see that half of his face is badly bruised and grazed from the fall yesterday. He has a large grey bruise around his eye and his eyelids on his right side and swollen."Well, we aren't really brothers. My ma is with his dad. They both went out together today so they dropped me off with Sid but he's busy."

"Oh." You say. "What's he like as a big brother then?"

"I never see him." Robbie shrugs. He picks up his controller again and presses play, continuing to shoot at people on the screen.

"How old are you?" You ask curiously. 

"Geez, what is this an interrogation?" He laughs. "I'm twelve. I'll be thirteen in two months one week and six days." 

"Very specific." Oskar remarks as he swallows the last mouthful of his brownie. "It's almost eight o'clock Robbie, time to take you home."

You look at your phone to see the time, you don't believe it's that late. As it turns out, it is. You glance out of the window and see the sun setting over the horizon. 

"Awh but I just got onto round twenty!" Robbie whines as if he's six years old.

"You can come again another time yeah? For longer next time." Oskar pats Robbie on the shoulder as he says this, trying to comfort him.

"Fine." Robbie sighs as he turns off the PlayStation and folds his arms.

"I better be heading home now, it's getting kinda late." You say.

"Awh come on, walk with us. We can go to the park or something too on the way back, I need to get Felix out of the house." Oskar says.

You think for a minute. What's the harm in going with Oskar just a little later?

"Okay." You sigh. "Just for you though."